Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2166111 - 02/28/18 12:45 AM Director Income
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
I have searched all the CFPB references, including the master of all - the new Getting It Right Guide, and only found "employees" when referencing waiving the requirement to collect income. Has anyone out there seen similar language anywhere for Directors? I searched +income +director on BOL and came up empty. Without any language relating to Directors, I will be reporting income for this - hate to, but guess that it will need to be reported.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2166115 - 02/28/18 12:12 PM Re: Director Income Moman
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
HMDA does not define an "employee," but since a director is paid by the bank, I have seen where banks have listed director income as NA without being criticized by an examiner. As "employee" is not defined, you will find that there will be two different approaches to this. I would just choose an approach and be consistent.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2166150 - 02/28/18 04:31 PM Re: Director Income Moman
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Previous Discussion

We report NA for employees and directors.

Return to Top
#2166239 - 02/28/18 09:36 PM Re: Director Income Moman
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
OK - Y'all swayed me. Appreciate the info, as always.

Return to Top
#2174757 - 04/23/18 08:35 PM Re: Director Income Moman
Frank Ernest Offline
100 Club
Somewhere on a beach
We have a Securities company that is not part of the bank but is a subsidiary of the holding company. We have a loan to an employee of the Securities company. The 2018 rules require that we report NA for income of the institution's employee. Is an employee of the Securities company also an employee of the bank for income reporting purposes?

Return to Top