Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2166352 - 03/01/18 05:48 PM EPCOR on Reg CC Changes
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Yesterday our Deposit Ops area attended a presentation from EPCOR, where the regional representative told those in attendance that, whatever the situation, an institution must have the physical check to receive payment. This flies in the face of my understanding of the indemnification warranties in effect in July. Who's off base on this issue?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2166354 - 03/01/18 05:55 PM Re: EPCOR on Reg CC Changes justsayjulie
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Prior to Check 21, that was largely true.

I've been quoted as saying things that I would not have said at gunpoint. Call the person and ask for a clarification.

Return to Top
#2166504 - 03/02/18 05:27 PM Re: EPCOR on Reg CC Changes justsayjulie
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Thanks, Ken. Our Deposit Ops manager did as you suggested, and most of the confusion was cleared up. She has since presented me with this information:

"We have experienced paying banks that have sent us the adjustment for not securing the physical check (which, of course you cannot with a mobile deposit). This accounts for most of the loss we’ve taken thus far. In this case, even under the new rules, since we took the mobile (no matter how it is endorsed) and we don’t have the physical check, we would take the loss. The new rules only speak to the ‘depositary bank that receives a deposit of an original paper check’ being indemnified against loss."

Is that accurate?

Return to Top
#2166515 - 03/02/18 05:59 PM Re: EPCOR on Reg CC Changes justsayjulie
John_Burnett Offline
Gold Star
John_Burnett
Cape Cod
Perhaps you could provide a couple of hypothetical examples of what you are concerned about to help us understand what the perceived problem is.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett