BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#216781 - 07/28/04 06:11 PM Car Care Products
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Anyone have any favorite polishes, waxes, or other automotive products they swear by? I'm looking for new products to try but I don't want to spend a bundle on stuff everyone knows doesn't work.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#216782 - 07/28/04 06:17 PM Re: Car Care Products
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I don't know, but you must be a guy.

Haven't you ever heard of an automatic car washing joint?

Return to Top
#216783 - 07/28/04 06:24 PM Re: Car Care Products
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Yes on both accounts. I'm a DIY car guy and have been using Liquid Glass and Meguiar's products for years, but there's a lot of new stuff out that I'm not sure about Like Griotts Garage, Shining Monkey etc. I hoped there were more car afficionados out there who would know of some new cool stuff.

Return to Top
#216784 - 07/28/04 06:28 PM Re: Car Care Products
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Yes on both accounts. I'm a DIY car guy and have been using Liquid Glass and Meguiar's products for years, but there's a lot of new stuff out that I'm not sure about Like Griotts Garage, Shining Monkey etc. I hoped there were more car afficionados out there who would know of some new cool stuff.

I'm into cars (new and old) and motorcycles, and I started using Zaino Brothers products. Anyone who really gets into it has recommended these to me. I believe they can only be bought online at:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
What kind of vehicles are you into?

Return to Top
#216785 - 07/28/04 06:29 PM Re: Car Care Products
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I believe the best product to wash my car is also the cheapest... RAIN!

Occasionally I even let it clean the interior when I forget to close my sunroof and we get a sudden downpoor.
Last edited by Michael_P; 07/28/04 06:29 PM.
Return to Top
#216786 - 07/28/04 06:29 PM Re: Car Care Products
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Well you are already using my favorite.. Sooo, stick with what works! Although I am looking for a new wheel cleaner (rim), soap and water just isn't cutting it anymore, any suggestions?

Return to Top
#216787 - 07/28/04 06:31 PM Re: Car Care Products
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Whatever happened to Nu Finish? At one point consumer reports rated it the best.

Return to Top
#216788 - 07/28/04 06:35 PM Re: Car Care Products
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
My husband has just started using "Mothers" car wax and he thinks it's great.

Return to Top
#216789 - 07/28/04 06:45 PM Re: Car Care Products
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
79 Corvette w/ 454 (obviously not stock for those who know vettes) ~SOLD~
95 300zx twin turbo (mostly a track car... but still street legal! I'm getting into drifting with it more now and it's FUN!!! It has a new paint job and looks rather tasty too)

94 Toyota Supra non-turbo (for now! I'm ordering the J-spec Jza80 vvt-i engine next month. This one I may drag, but I like just cruising around in it Maybe just make it evil enough to have fun in on the weekends )

My daily beater is a (don't laugh)97 Honda Civic.... no I haven't put a big exhaust on it (don't plan to either) or nasty chrome wheels. It's rather beat up and I'm just gonna drive it into the ground.

As far as what I'm into, ANYTHING goes! From old methanol spewing Novas to the new Dodge Magnum, it's all good for me. Except Minivans... they are tangible evidence of evil. (read it on a bumper sticker once and I nearly had a wreck I laughed so hard) No offense to the mini van owners out there, I have no kids, one girlfriend, and friends with trucks so I have no need for one yet.

Return to Top
#216790 - 07/28/04 06:50 PM Re: Car Care Products
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
...tangible evidence of evil...anything with Front-Wheel Drive!!! We have four cars 2 GMC Yukons, 96 Chevy Impala SS, 2004 Corvette Convertible (6 speed)...not one car with front wheel drive!
Last edited by renniks; 07/28/04 07:04 PM.
Return to Top
#216791 - 07/28/04 06:50 PM Re: Car Care Products
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Quote:

No offense to the mini van owners out there.

Funny you should mention - some of the single people around here were talking about being too proud to do/wear/drive certain things. ("I wouldn't been seen dead in a (insert vehicle here)") When I was asked I responded with, "Pride? I don't have any pride. I drive a light blue mini van." My oldest is still trying to talk me into giving it a paint job with orange flames. The way I see it is it holds what it needs to hold and goes where it needs to go. But that's just me.

Return to Top
#216792 - 07/28/04 06:52 PM Re: Car Care Products
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
How true, RWD is so much more fun to play around in! AWD is fun too (The old DSMs and Talons).

Return to Top
#216793 - 07/28/04 06:52 PM Re: Car Care Products
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Cool, I have owned a 69 SS 396 Chevelle, a half dozen second and third gen Camaros, a 94 Z28 Vert, a 99 C5 Vert, a bunch of old Beamers, and I have migrated currently to an 03 LR Disco. I am looking to get rid of the Disco and maybe get an 01 or 02 M3 if I can find a reasonably priced one (riiiiiight, not bloody likely), and I will be purchasing a new 04 Victory KingPin. Hopefully within the next year, another muscle car will find it's way to my garage. I have become addicted to the Auction (Cruse, Barrett-Jackson, etc.) circuit, have been attending some NASCAR races and I am dying to get to an F1 race. Drifting looks like a blast!
Last edited by MarkinNaples; 07/28/04 06:56 PM.
Return to Top
#216794 - 07/28/04 07:01 PM Re: Car Care Products
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
The American LeMan series is a fav of mine as well as FIA Rally(all the Leman's are cool by the way) I'd love to get more into bikes, but I'm running out of garage space!

Return to Top
#216795 - 07/28/04 07:01 PM Re: Car Care Products
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
Check out this web site. It's the closest any of us will ever get to F1 racing!! http://www.f1boston.com/ (I tried to make a link but I never do it right!)

Return to Top
#216796 - 07/28/04 07:36 PM Re: Car Care Products
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Check out this web site. It's the closest any of us will ever get to F1 racing!! http://www.f1boston.com/ (I tried to make a link but I never do it right!)

I was reading in C&D that you can buy a used Ferrari F1 for approx. $1 MM and they will help you run it at vintage events. Whew. How cool would that be?

Return to Top
#216797 - 07/28/04 07:46 PM Re: Car Care Products
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
I think you had better start playing the Lottery or find a very, very wealthy wife!!!!

Return to Top
#216798 - 07/28/04 07:59 PM Re: Car Care Products
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

I think you had better start playing the Lottery or find a very, very wealthy wife!!!!

Nice one!

Return to Top
#216799 - 07/28/04 08:22 PM Re: Car Care Products
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Quote:

I'm into cars (new and old) and motorcycles, and I started using Zaino Brothers products.

I can't agree more about Zaino Products they are the best! They go on easy and come off even easier - no elbow grease. If you buy it go ahead and get the "ZFX" to add to the wax. It speeds up the curing time so you can do multiple coats in one day - believe me you will want to do multiple coats because the more coats the more awesome it looks. It also lasts a long long time - it is a synthetic wax.

If you really want to go all out, you can strip the existing wax off with Dawn dishsoap and use a clay bar to remove all of the impurities on your paint. It is a lot of work, but it makes your paint smooth as glass. A few coats of Zaino after claying the paint will make your vehicle look like a mirror.

PS: My wife's minivan was apparently evil because it left us sit 200 miles from home this past weekend on the way back from vacation. 2001 Ford Windstar with 22,000 miles and the transmission is gone. $2,950 to repair it 3 months out of warranty. She is now looking at Honda minivans - 240 horsepower 0-60 in 7 seconds Glad I drive a truck!

Return to Top
#216800 - 07/28/04 08:38 PM Re: Car Care Products
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

I can't agree more about Zaino Products they are the best! They go on easy and come off even easier - no elbow grease. If you buy it go ahead and get the "ZFX" to add to the wax. It speeds up the curing time so you can do multiple coats in one day - believe me you will want to do multiple coats because the more coats the more awesome it looks. It also lasts a long long time - it is a synthetic wax.

If you really want to go all out, you can strip the existing wax off with Dawn dishsoap and use a clay bar to remove all of the impurities on your paint. It is a lot of work, but it makes your paint smooth as glass. A few coats of Zaino after claying the paint will make your vehicle look like a mirror.

I think I may have to give this a try, Thanks.

Return to Top
#216801 - 07/28/04 08:43 PM Re: Car Care Products
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Check out the vehicle gallery at their website, some beautiful finishes there.

Return to Top
#216802 - 07/28/04 09:02 PM Re: Car Care Products
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Hey all you car lovin guys out there. I would love to let you practice your washin and waxin skills on my car.

Return to Top
#216803 - 07/28/04 09:05 PM Re: Car Care Products
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I believe you would have to come South for that, FARRRRRRRRR South if you want me to do it!

Return to Top
#216804 - 07/28/04 09:18 PM Re: Car Care Products
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
I have a '98 T&C w/ a four bike Thule rack on top Can you say domestic? I need to get the *&@! bugs of the front of my Accord so that I can wax it. Any help here? I had some Turtle Wax Bug & Tar but I guess our Iowa bugs are too tough!

Front wheel drive is great for adverse weather conditions if you are going to stay on the road. I use a '95 Dodge Dakota Sport w/ the Magnum V8 to haul deer. (15m miles on it!) Not very efficeint for much else.

Return to Top
#216805 - 07/28/04 10:08 PM Re: Car Care Products
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Quote:

Hey all you car lovin guys out there. I would love to let you practice your washin and waxin skills on my car.

Count me in - I hate that stuff. When I took my last car in to the service guys one time they actually burst out laughing - they'd never seen a car that had mildew on its headlights and tire rot Once a car reaches a certain age, I firmly believe that the dirt is what holds it together.
Last edited by Cowboy Fan; 07/28/04 10:52 PM.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2