Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2167795 - 03/13/18 03:08 PM MLA - Mandatory disclosure - model statement
I luv Giraffes Offline
If a MLA check was missed on a new credit card application for a line increase that resulted in an approval, does the model statement disclosure (232.6)(a)(1) need to be sent to the borrower after the loan has closed?

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2167805 - 03/13/18 03:23 PM Re: MLA - Mandatory disclosure - model statement I luv Giraffes
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
a creditor shall provide to the covered borrower the following information before or at the time the borrower becomes obligated on the transaction or establishes an account for the consumer credit

You have an uncorrectable violation.

Return to Top
#2167994 - 03/14/18 12:14 PM Re: MLA - Mandatory disclosure - model statement I luv Giraffes
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Train your staff, document it, and move on.

Return to Top
#2168938 - 03/19/18 03:49 PM Re: MLA - Mandatory disclosure - model statement I luv Giraffes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Additionally, ensure the loan is compliant with the MLA and if you see any compliance risk for the failure to disclose, I'd be quick to assist the customer in their needs, including a chance to make a new loan and disclosure.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z