Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#216936 - 07/28/04 09:46 PM A non-political question strictly for fun!
TrueBlueBanker Offline
Platinum Poster
TrueBlueBanker
Midlands SC
Since there is so many posts today talking about cats and dogs. Here's the question:

If we were able to breed and dog and a cat what kind of a animal would it be?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#216937 - 07/28/04 09:48 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
TrueBlueBanker Offline
Platinum Poster
TrueBlueBanker
Midlands SC
I want to be the first to answer this:
You would have an animal that would come to you when you called it and know how to use a litter box. That would be kind of neat. Now what we call it?

Return to Top
#216938 - 07/28/04 09:51 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

If we were able to breed and dog and a cat what kind of a animal would it be?

Have you never seen the cartoon (loosely used) "CatDog", or is it "Cat and Dog"?

Just to start how about a Doat? (not very original, but hey it's late and my boat's calling me)

Return to Top
#216939 - 07/28/04 11:53 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I think it would have to be a caog since the cat would be superior. Just so it purrs instead of barking. I actually used to have a cat that would fetch and another that layed at my feet like a dog.

Return to Top
#216940 - 07/29/04 01:29 AM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about a cogdat!

Cats and dogs are so different the crossbreed would not be able to function normally. It would be so confused...it would not know when to sleep...what to hunt...how to properly used the bathroom...what to eat...whether to bark or purr! It would probably die from all the FURstation. No pun intended

Return to Top
#216941 - 07/29/04 01:27 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
You'd have an animal that'd chase itself up trees...

Return to Top
#216942 - 07/29/04 01:33 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
This would never be allowed to happen, what would they call it on the menu at the local Chinese buffet?

Return to Top
#216943 - 07/29/04 01:55 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I think it would have to be a caog since the cat would be superior. Just so it purrs instead of barking. I actually used to have a cat that would fetch and another that layed at my feet like a dog.

I have a picture of my cat stealing one of my daughter's pacifiers. I've caught her stealing the babies socks out of the hamper and running downstairs with them too.

Return to Top
#216944 - 07/29/04 01:57 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

This would never be allowed to happen, what would they call it on the menu at the local Chinese buffet?

Sum Dum Gai

Return to Top
#216945 - 07/29/04 02:04 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
ouch...I guess I deserved that

Return to Top
#216946 - 07/29/04 03:40 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
My understanding is that dogs have friends and cats have staff - my kitten is acting more like a puppy. I'm sooo confused. He comes when we call, he climbs in my lap and licks my face, he fetches balls -- I assume he'll grow up to be a normal cat but I'm starting to wonder...

Return to Top
#216947 - 07/29/04 03:49 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

My understanding is that dogs have friends and cats have staff - my kitten is acting more like a puppy. I'm sooo confused. He comes when we call, he climbs in my lap and licks my face, he fetches balls -- I assume he'll grow up to be a normal cat but I'm starting to wonder...

Some cats are like this. Mine comes when called, then demands attention and walks away when she is done.

I catsat for a friend of mine's cat when he went on his honeymoon, and he told me his cat played fetch... AFTER it woke me up night after night putting something (it's little hairtie toy) on my face. Needless to say I woke up brushed it off and went back to bed. After the 3rd time, I made the BIG mistake and threw it.... this went on for a good 15 minutes or so before (thankfully) he became bored. The catgone cat did this every night for the two weeks I catsat it with my cat sitting at the end of the bed laughing at me....

Return to Top
#216948 - 07/29/04 03:54 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
Quote:

I catsat for a friend of mine's cat when he went on his honeymoon, and he told me his cat played fetch... AFTER it woke me up night after night putting something (it's little hairtie toy) on my face. Needless to say I woke up brushed it off and went back to bed. After the 3rd time, I made the BIG mistake and threw it.... this went on for a good 15 minutes or so before (thankfully) he became bored. The catgone cat did this every night for the two weeks I catsat it with my cat sitting at the end of the bed laughing at me....

ROTFLMAO - literally!!!!

Return to Top
#216949 - 07/29/04 05:19 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will their babies be called pupens, kuppys, pittens, or pittys?

Return to Top
#216950 - 07/29/04 05:31 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

They will be called dinner at the chinese restaurant, weren't you paying attention?

Return to Top
#216951 - 07/29/04 07:00 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Hawk...this little issue is all part of the kitties evil plan to turn on you in the future. First they hook us with love, purring and affection whenever we want it. Then they realize we're theirs and we become "on demand" sweethearts, necessary when they want food, water, to go out, and to play at night when we thought we were going to be sleeping

I'd be a cat, they're clever as heck!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#216952 - 07/29/04 07:05 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Quote:

I think "mutant" might cover it. . . but, on the bright side, they'd probably get a sitcom and several spin-offs (remember Alf??)

Return to Top
#216953 - 07/29/04 08:12 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
Quote:

My best friend claims he's coming back as a cat the next time around if the reincarnation he doesn't believe in turns out to be true afterall.

Return to Top
#216954 - 07/30/04 12:14 AM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

ROTFLMAO - literally!!!!

My daughter's cat does the fetch game with a bell on a string. They have to hide it at night or he will drive them nuts.

Return to Top
#216955 - 07/30/04 01:35 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ROTFLMAO - literally!!!!

My daughter's cat does the fetch game with a bell on a string. They have to hide it at night or he will drive them nuts.

It's funny, I hadn't talked to my buddy Todd since about a week after he got married, and I called him yesterday when I got home and we laughed about that whole thing and he asked if I wanted to watch the catgone brat again when they go to Florida and all I could say is "only if you keep the stupid toy at home".

Return to Top
#216956 - 07/30/04 09:52 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Hey, I am going to Florida in a couple weeks, you want to watch my five wild childs?

Return to Top
#216957 - 07/30/04 11:00 PM Re: A non-political question strictly for fun!
VioletRose Offline
100 Club
VioletRose
Land Of The Lost
Quote:

Quote:

My mother's cat knocks on the back door when she want in.

Return to Top