Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2169222 - 03/20/18 06:48 PM FAQ release from CFPB
MyOhMyWeComply Offline
100 Club
Texas
Just read the CFPBs FAQs released and #2 is frightening.

They tell us we have to send Periodic Statements for Mortgages, however they do not give us safe harbor when using their forms.

Now the dilemma is do we send the statements and risk bankruptcy penalties, or do we not send them and risk of violating regulation?

What are others discussing?

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#2169501 - 03/21/18 10:21 PM Re: FAQ release from CFPB MyOhMyWeComply
GTS333 Offline
Gold Star
How could the CFPB provide a safe harbor for a bankruptcy law violation? They've produced samples and regulations that they believe allow servicers to not violate an automatic stay, but ultimately the CFPB has no jurisdiction over bankruptcy proceedings and law. They have never offered any kind of safe harbor for using their periodic statement formats, I'm really not seeing what is so frightening from this, but maybe I'm missing your point?

Return to Top
#2169560 - 03/22/18 02:51 PM Re: FAQ release from CFPB MyOhMyWeComply
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There is an exemption from the statement requirement under certain circumstances (1026.41(e)(5)) unless you've received a reaffirmation or consumer request for statements or a coupon book.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top