Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2169817 - 03/23/18 02:07 PM Business Account Type
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
What does it mean when a company has both INC and LLC in their name? They are listed as a limited liability company in the state database. Example: Joe's Company INC, LLC

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2169828 - 03/23/18 02:28 PM Re: Business Account Type Compliance Lover
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If they are listed as an LLC on the state's data base, then that's what they are. There listing on the SOS web site, it includes "Inc." in the name or is that just what they told you?

Return to Top
#2169833 - 03/23/18 02:47 PM Re: Business Account Type Compliance Lover
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Check with your sec of state. In my state they are not allowed to have any indicator such as INC or LLC unless that is the structure of the business. So it would be impossible for an entity in my state to be listed as Joe's Candy Inc, LLC

Return to Top
#2169835 - 03/23/18 02:52 PM Re: Business Account Type RockChucker, CAMS
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
Yes, the INC is included in their name on the database.

Thanks.

Return to Top
#2169887 - 03/23/18 04:50 PM Re: Business Account Type Compliance Lover
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
My home state (and four of the others where I have done programs) would prohibit the use of "Inc." in the name as well. However, their compliance mechanisms were never perfect and, with allowing the online registration of entities, I am certain they got weaker.

All I can say is that it should not happen...

Return to Top