Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2170095 - 03/26/18 05:03 PM 2nd Lien Purpose
George Offline
Gold Star
Have a 2nd lien loan request that was to be used "to payoff the contractor's outstanding invoice" on a newly constructed primary dwelling. We held the interim note, but the permanent was financed by another company. Being that it was regarding the new construction, would this be reported as a purchase?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2170131 - 03/26/18 06:45 PM Re: 2nd Lien Purpose George
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
It's been a while since I was asked this specific question and i can't recall what I stated in the past. Today, I am thinking that a purchase sounds reasonable as the funds are going directly to the contractor to pay for the "newly constructed primary dwelling." I view this similar to the end financing of a temporary loan - where the contractor is essentially the lender in this case.

Others may disagree, so I will be interested to see what they say about this topic that is not exactly addressed by the rules.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2170178 - 03/26/18 08:35 PM Re: 2nd Lien Purpose George
George Offline
Gold Star
Yes sir, I know I have seen something along these lines asked in the past, but I can't seem to find them. But I agree with your assessment.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM