Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2169871 - 03/23/18 04:12 PM Marketing to "Applicants"
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
Once a person applies for a loan with an institution, is the institution able to subsequently market to said person whenever they want? Does the act of applying itself give the institution the right to market for its own purposes? Would it matter in the case of indirect auto lending, where the application comes through a dealer and the dealer "farms" the application out to several lenders?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2169884 - 03/23/18 04:40 PM Re: Marketing to "Applicants" Compliance NABW
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You can market to anyone that you want to; barring basing that marketing on a existing credit report and other contractual agreements you may have with your indirect partners.

Return to Top
#2169918 - 03/23/18 06:09 PM Re: Marketing to "Applicants" rlcarey
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
This may be outside topic, but you seemed to make a more general statement. Isn't there something that requires obtaining their NPPI in a permissible way? If there personal e-mail is not public information for example and you want to market through that method, don't you need to get the e-mail legitimately in order to market?

Return to Top
#2170074 - 03/26/18 04:24 PM Re: Marketing to "Applicants" Compliance NABW
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
If you denied me a loan, then marketed something else to me, I'd be mighty upset....

Return to Top
#2170245 - 03/27/18 01:29 PM Re: Marketing to "Applicants" P*Q
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
In this case (indirect Auto), they may have still gotten a loan, it just might have come from another lender. Perhaps the bank didn't even deny it, they could have just taken a better deal with another lender.

Return to Top
#2170267 - 03/27/18 02:23 PM Re: Marketing to "Applicants" Compliance NABW
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
As I said before - read your indirect contracts. The applicant has to know that their information was sent to you or you turn into a CRA when you communicate your decision back to the dealer. If you send a marketing e-mail, it has to have an opt-out - so if they do not want further communication, all they have to do is say no.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker