Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#217052 - 07/29/04 01:34 PM STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know about everyone else, but I am tired of seeing all of this political junk on this bulletin board. Everyone has their right to free speech and to their opinions, but enough is enough. I come to this BB to read enjoyable things, and it was fun at first- but now it isn't!

Please STOP!!!!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#217053 - 07/29/04 01:45 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Perhaps a new forum should be devised strictly for political topics. Call it the Political Arena or something. Other than that, I just try not to get involved or at least try not to stir the water more. Mostly I just don't even look in them anymore.

Return to Top
#217054 - 07/29/04 01:48 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
These things run in spells, Anon. It's the political season. Just don't click.

Return to Top
#217055 - 07/29/04 01:56 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I don't know about everyone else, but I am tired of seeing all of this political junk on this bulletin board. Everyone has their right to free speech and to their opinions, but enough is enough. I come to this BB to read enjoyable things, and it was fun at first- but now it isn't!

Please STOP!!!!!!

If you don't want to read anything controversial, read some Dr. Seuss, or simply read the topic of the thread, pay attention, and don't read what you don't want to read. Why in the world should other people not speak freely and discuss the things you don't want to read just to please you. That's like saying don't smoke in the smoking section of a restaurant...

Return to Top
#217056 - 07/29/04 02:04 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Properly labeled threads will help. If it indicates it is political in nature and we open it, it's the risk we take.

Civility is simply too much to expect when even those people who don't post as "Anonymous" are.

Return to Top
#217057 - 07/29/04 02:14 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Please STOP!!!!!!

I agree with you, Little Devil, this must stop.

Return to Top
#217058 - 07/29/04 02:28 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree w/ the others- but I also agree with you ANON, it is a bit frustrating. We see it here, we see it on the news, its everywhere!

I don't typically respond to the political threads, I don't like politics much- but I do sometimes find them amusing.

Return to Top
#217059 - 07/29/04 02:37 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I agree with you, Little Devil, this must stop.

where do you see "little devil" posting anything in this thread. i think someone is playing games . . .

Return to Top
#217060 - 07/29/04 02:38 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Please STOP!!!!!!

As Arnold would say, "Quit whining!"

Read my opinions or don't, but don't read them and then complain that I give them.

Return to Top
#217061 - 07/29/04 02:54 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

where do you see "little devil" posting anything in this thread. i think someone is playing games . . .

Little Devilish games indeed.

Return to Top
#217062 - 07/29/04 03:14 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If you do find that there are posters whose opinions on any subject have no value to you, click their screen name above their avatar then click "Ignore this User." The body of their posts will not appear on your screen if you are logged in.

It's kind of like weeding the garden, it reduces stress.

Return to Top
#217063 - 07/29/04 03:27 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Quote:

If you do find that there are posters whose opinions on any subject have no value to you

Agreed, but I'm finding that there are posters whose banking opinions I respect but I get tired of their political stuff. If I want to be a flaming liberal, it's my right. If I want to be a flaming conservative, it's also my right. And gee whiz, I might even be a political dyslexic with some conservative and some liberal views But some interesting threads get hijacked with less-than-civil discussions and it really has gotten old. I really like the idea of a Political Forum where people who want to jump into the fray have the ability to do so; those of us who want the Watercooler to be a fun and frolic zone can have it back. And yeah - I assume that once the election is over, the recount is over, the inauguration is over, and things settle down, this will all die down again -- I'm just afraid it's going to be next March...

In the meantime, vote for the Party Party ticket with Dante Alighieri and James Furber!

Return to Top
#217064 - 07/29/04 06:06 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
How about those that don't want to read the political posts, don't, and those that do, do. Why is this concept of "freedom of choice" so hard to understand? This is precisely the reason this country is having the issues that it is. Just because a certain subsection of the population (no matter how small) doesn't like something or finds it offensive, the rest of the population has to "STOP STOP STOP - Please!!!" expressing their opinion. BS if you ask me. Just don't look. Period.

Return to Top
#217065 - 07/29/04 06:27 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Quote:

How about those that don't want to read the political posts, don't, and those that do, do.

Unfortunately, often we (those of us who are not interested in all the political "bashing") can't tell that a thread has been hijacked until we get into it - i.e., the title says the topic is one thing, but after two or three posts, it's a completely different (and unappealing) topic.

Return to Top
#217066 - 07/29/04 07:08 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Isn't that every thread in here?

Return to Top
#217067 - 07/29/04 08:11 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Granted, it is often hard to tell what a thread is about until you get into it, especially in the watercooler. The only advice that I can offer is click the remote or use the BACK button. One could avoid the watercooler altogether, but some topics are fun.

And now I will go a little off topic on this one.

Quote:

That's like saying don't smoke in the smoking section of a restaurant...

And...this is similar to prayers and schools and the pledge....my answer is the same, "I have the right to pray whenever and wherever - you have the right not to. I won't force you to pray with me and I ask that you not force me to stop."

step....
.........step....
..................step....(me climbing down off my soapbox. )

Return to Top
#217068 - 07/29/04 08:12 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Little Devilish games indeed.

You know, I am sick and tired of being accused of anonymous postings! I wasn't near a freaking computer all day!

Return to Top
#217069 - 07/29/04 09:37 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
FWIW, no one thinks these dumb anonymous posts are you.

Ok, I didn't actually poll anyone on this, but seriously, no one who's spent any time in this forum would ever think you'd do that.

Return to Top
#217070 - 07/29/04 10:05 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:

I am sick and tired of being accused of anonymous postings! I wasn't near a freaking computer all day!

Omigosh, they've cloned the little vixen! Now, her virtual Dad has to berate and abuse twins. Heavens, what if it's triplets!

Return to Top
#217071 - 07/29/04 11:44 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

FWIW, no one thinks these dumb anonymous posts are you.

Ok, I didn't actually poll anyone on this, but seriously, no one who's spent any time in this forum would ever think you'd do that.

I didn't think it was you Lil'D. You speak your mind signed on, why would you need to ANON.

I do agree that often a post starts off fun and then turns into a war of words. It is discouraging and wastes the little time I have. I come here to take a break and have fun. If I wanted to discuss or read politics, I would look for a forum that addresses politics.

Return to Top
#217072 - 07/30/04 12:06 PM Re: STOP, STOP, STOP- Please!!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

I am sick and tired of being accused of anonymous postings! I wasn't near a freaking computer all day!

Omigosh, they've cloned the little vixen! Now, her virtual Dad has to berate and abuse twins. Heavens, what if it's triplets!

LOL, Ken!

Return to Top