Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2170729 - 03/28/18 09:11 PM Using terms such as "Low Rates"
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
We always stay away from anything like "lowest", "highest", "best", "better than the competition" when it comes to advertising loans unless we can substantiate it. Is there any problem with just saying "Low Rates" in an advertisement. For example, "Low Rates, Local Service, Local Bank" .

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2170775 - 03/29/18 12:11 PM Re: Using terms such as "Low Rates" Likes to Comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No real problem that I see - however, it is still an unsubstantiated phrase - low based on what and in who's judgement? Such phrases are usually a waste of ink but make a nice catch phrase.

Of course, I remain blind to most advertising, as do I think a lot of people. Everywhere you turn there is some sort of ad - flyers, newspapers, magazines, almost every page accessed on the web, cellphones, e-mail, text messages. With the amount of money spent on advertising, I am in the camp that the only people making money on most advertising endeavors are the people you pay to publish. If you are not doing specifically targeted advertising and you are not just trying to hone your presence in the community..blah..blah..blah.. OK it is too early - off to the coffee pot and down from the soapbox.

Return to Top
#2171032 - 03/30/18 01:14 PM Re: Using terms such as "Low Rates" Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker