Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options Tools
#21691 - 06/24/02 10:16 PM My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a question, but first I have a few of bones to pick with you guys.

I think it is clear that I should have received a t-shirt in New Orleans for having more than 100 posts. In fact, I am certain that I have initiated more threads than anyone else on BOL.

Further, there are a few of you who have been impersonating me. First, a couple of you have used the nicknames "Anon" or "Anony," presumably to be short for "Anonymous." My mother, Incognito, used to call me that and I always hated it, so stop it. Then, I have also seen my name spelled "annonymous" and "anonymus." I am sure that I did not start these threads because they were posted before 5 p.m. and I rarely misspell my name before the cocktail hour.

PLEASE: If you are going to steal my identity, at least get my name right.

Oh, yea, I almost forgot my question. Do any of you have advise on preventing identity fraud? I seem to be a victim of impersonators more than anyone else I know, except maybe Elvis (who just so happens to be a dear, dear friend).

With Love,

Anonymous

Return to Top
General Discussion
#21692 - 06/25/02 12:00 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Sponge Steve Offline
Gold Star
Sponge Steve
Midwest
There are so many of you. Most that steal your identity seem to be very angry or embarrassed. I suspect there's a lot of pain in such folks that leads them to want to be you. I would suggest starting a new support group. Anonymous Anonymous. You can meet on-line only to preserve your anonymity. But wouldn't that be defeating the purpose? And how many who assume your identiy are denied bank services or have their funds transfer blocked as yours is the name most often taken by the bad guys? This is a serious problem. I empathize with you. Start Anonymous Anonymous anonymously.

Return to Top
#21693 - 06/25/02 12:38 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
AnonRegulator Offline
Gold Star
AnonRegulator
Everywhere, USA
If you are going to chastise people for misspelling your name, at least spell advice correctly. And did it occur to you that maybe we are all related? You know, like twins with separate mothers. AR.

Return to Top
#21694 - 06/25/02 01:16 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Like I said, I am lucky to spell my name correctly after the cocktail hour. You will notice that I was more than an hour into it when I wrote. Thanks for the advise.

Return to Top
#21695 - 06/25/02 01:23 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
More advice, Anonymous -- It's "as I said," not "like I said!
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#21696 - 06/25/02 01:27 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Actually, I believe Mary Beth had a shirt, drink tickets, and a $1,000 gift card for you. We'll call this bundle of gifts "Reg. CC". Now the only way to qualify for it was to not show yourself and be truly Anonymous. This is the hard and fast rule, just like all regulations have. You also had to be present to win. That is the exception to the rule. They all all have those too. Now you could have telephoned in. That would have been the exception to the exception. But that number was buried in the commentary. Who ever looks there.

Can you tell she is a lawyer and been reading regulations long enough to understand this system.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#21697 - 06/25/02 01:29 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Hey, I am very intrigued by the photo the AnonRegulator has put up. What is it .......a wolf?!!

Return to Top
#21698 - 06/25/02 01:30 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe up there where you Yankees live, but down here where this grits eatin', gravy dippin' son of the South lives, we say "like I said." I'm am so sorry for that attack on your heritage. Where are my manners. O.K., I admit it, the cocktail hour began very early today.

Return to Top
#21699 - 06/25/02 01:52 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Mr./Ms./Mrs./Miss Anonymous,

I’m so relieved that you shed light on this situation. Thank you! I was beginning to have a complex because I could not figure out how you were able to post to so many threads and still get your work done.

I have a suggestion. Perhaps all of the others who are using the name Anonymous could get together and agree on a number to be assigned to each person as in Anonymous51. Of course you, being the true Anonymous, would get to use the name Anonymous1 as befitting your status. This id method would enable you to identify yourself without identifying yourself. And, if I may speak for some others, we want to know that we are receiving the honest to goodness advice of the true Anonymous and not advice from a pretender.

Again, thank you!

Any opinion expressed above is personal, not intended as legal advice, certainly not the opinion of my employer, and may be worth as much as it cost.

Return to Top
#21700 - 06/25/02 02:23 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
Andy: You don't have to read regulations to understand the system that you described - Joseph Heller's book Catch-22 will serve the same purpose.

Return to Top
#21701 - 06/25/02 02:58 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Don't forget, Anonymous, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Everyone wants to be like you!

P.S. AnonRegulator - is that a sheep in wolf's clothing??

Return to Top
#21702 - 06/25/02 03:17 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
campste Offline
100 Club
campste
LA
I believe its a red Siberian Husky. Some of you "bravehearts" should get a name. "Dare to chance the rapids".

Return to Top
#21703 - 06/25/02 03:48 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
This seems like a good time to rant again.

If you register, even under an assumed name, we can then "get to know you". Your profile should indicate if you are a loan officer, compliance officer, attorney, etc.
When you post, we can tell apart the multiple annonomous posters.

Sometimes two annonomous posters are taking opposite sides of an issue and it gets very confusing.

Return to Top
#21704 - 06/25/02 05:07 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Sponge Steve Offline
Gold Star
Sponge Steve
Midwest
I think from here on out I will go by King Anonymous.
Re: The regulator photo above. I know those breeds. Their barks are worse than their bites!
Last edited by Steve White; 06/25/02 05:09 PM.

Return to Top
#21705 - 06/25/02 05:10 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or at least get more creative in your pseudonyms. I do not like to see my good name sullied.

Return to Top
#21706 - 06/25/02 05:19 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
With apologies to Monty Python, I'd like to suggest the following pseudonym: Sir Not Appearing in this Film

Return to Top
#21707 - 06/25/02 06:32 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, my name is Flo and I'm an anonymouse poster. I have had a lot of counseling and been through the 12 step program to beat this problem and feel that I can now join the greatest minds of compliance and identify myself. Whew! That felt good.

Return to Top
#21708 - 06/25/02 06:34 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymous
Unregistered

My next task will be to learn to spell anonymousse, anonymouse, anoni....oh well, I don't need to learn that now.

Return to Top
#21709 - 06/25/02 07:06 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Sponge Steve Offline
Gold Star
Sponge Steve
Midwest
Little steps, Flo, great.

Those who get to watch Canadian TV get to watch "The Red Green Show." Their 12-step program mantra is:

"I'm a man. But I can change. If I have to. I guess."

Return to Top
#21710 - 06/25/02 07:38 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Anonymoose Offline
My identity is protected by the EPA as an endangered species.

Return to Top
#21711 - 06/25/02 07:39 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Hey. I watch Red Green sometimes on PBS. Duct tape is a mans best friend.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#21712 - 06/25/02 08:13 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Personally, I prefer Duck Tape. It has a lot more uses than the "other" kind!

Return to Top
#21713 - 06/25/02 08:20 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
SteveG Offline
I have been something of a shy poster, being afraid that even this moniker would reveal my id. But at the same time, I've thought we should not be completely nameless (exception, the AnonRegulator). Perhaps anonymous posters should only be allowed to post on privacy issues, with exceptions to be created by A. Zavoina. Anon. SteveG.

Return to Top
#21714 - 06/25/02 08:36 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
My daughter even found a new use for duct tape. The only problem is hearing the screams of the cat as we remove it from the wall.

I think AnonRegulator looks more like a Malemute. Very similar to a Syberian but larger. Also, a sled dogs. Is that a comment on regulators being sled dogs for the government? Hmmm!

Return to Top
#21715 - 06/25/02 10:21 PM Re: My posts in General Discussion Forum
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Hmmm... sounds similar to dwarf tossing. BTW - anyone know if the Florida law prohibiting that activity was successfully challenged? Inquiring but anonymous minds want to know!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2