Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2169292 - 03/20/18 10:14 PM Posting the Hours of Operation - Requirements
foghorngreenhorn Offline
Hi everyone,

Annually my non-depository company performs branch audits to ensure the proper signage and licensing are displayed. On the checklist that we have used for some time, "hours of operation posted on the exterior door or window, or in the reception area" is listed as an item. I know that this is a requirement per the TX SML, but is anyone aware of a federal regulation that also requires this? I did not find anything in the HUD or VA handbooks.

Before removing it from our non-TX checklists, I wanted to pick the brains of the BOL community.

Return to Top
Audit
#2169300 - 03/21/18 11:32 AM Re: Posting the Hours of Operation - Requirements foghorngreenhorn
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Define non-depository company and what other States, as those State laws would also come into play. Plus, what business in their right minds don't post their hours of operation??

Return to Top
#2169303 - 03/21/18 12:12 PM Re: Posting the Hours of Operation - Requirements foghorngreenhorn
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
Are you referring the annual branch inspection checklist contained within the HUD audit requirements?

Return to Top
#2169322 - 03/21/18 01:40 PM Re: Posting the Hours of Operation - Requirements rlcarey
foghorngreenhorn Offline
Rlcarey - we are a mortgage lender, a nondepository institution lending in AZ, CA, TX, FL, CO, IL, SC and NC. Correct, there most certainly could be requirements in those states. I'll need to look into that. And agreed, it would make sense to have the hours posted, but if a branch does not have them up for some reason, being able to reference a regulation gives our recommendation to the branch manager some teeth.

Osucpa - Not specifically. We created our own checklists that are cover a wide range of items to check for such as the EHO poster, 2018 HMDA verbiage, LO licenses (in states that require them to be posted), any applicable business licensing, and so on.

Return to Top
#2169340 - 03/21/18 02:19 PM Re: Posting the Hours of Operation - Requirements foghorngreenhorn
Monster Offline
Platinum Poster
At all of the institutions I have worked for branch managers weren't in control of those sorts of things - Marketing was, and for a good reason. One whisper to marketing and hours (and anything else) would be posted STAT. Just a thought if you don't find the teeth you're looking for.

Return to Top
#2171465 - 04/03/18 01:34 PM Re: Posting the Hours of Operation - Requirements foghorngreenhorn
foghorngreenhorn Offline
Thank you, Gila.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z