Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2160109 - 01/11/18 03:50 PM Documents for a Political Campaign account
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
Our CIP Policy does not even address campaign accounts and we have a bunch of accounts all done every which way. I'm trying to formalize our process. I've spoken to the Secretary of State, LA Ethics Board, and my local parish and I'm just getting more confused!

What is the best document that would evidence the existence of a political campaign? Sec State Registration would be great, but campaigns are not required to set up LLC's or Corporations, true? Would we required a Certificate of Assumed Name if they don't set up an LLC or corporation? They do have to have EIN's though. Is the statement of organization something they would already have in the early formation steps? What do others do?

Return to Top
#2171964 - 04/04/18 09:23 PM Re: Documents for a Political Campaign account Daisy Doodle
IronP2717 Offline
100 Club
I would be interested if someone could chime to the original poster's question. I'm in a different state, but it might give me some guidance as well.

Return to Top
#2171966 - 04/04/18 09:31 PM Re: Documents for a Political Campaign account Daisy Doodle
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sit down with your legal counsel and either decide to open or not and then set your guidelines. There is no one shoe fits all feet here. You have local campaigns, State campaigns and Federal campaigns and they all could be different.

Return to Top
#2173423 - 04/13/18 04:35 PM Re: Documents for a Political Campaign account Daisy Doodle
Shondra Offline
It's been years since I have dealt with any campaign accounts, but I remember having to get a copy of the notice of candidacy and a tax id number. It was classified as an unincorporated non-profit association.

Return to Top