Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Thread Options
#2202501 - 01/09/19 09:13 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** dottiec
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By dottiec
Looks like JR Ward has a new book out that is related to the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I think the review I read said they are mentioned in the book. It's called Prisoner of the Night.

Has anyone read it yet?

Anyone plan to read it?

I finished it last night. Not bad! Not amazing...but a decent read without the BDB price tag.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2202511 - 01/09/19 09:46 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
I think I'm going to put it on my Kindle to read on the plane to Copenhagen in a week or so.

Has anyone read JR's new book Consumed? I think it is about an arson investigator. I plan to work on that one while I travel also.

Return to Top
#2202539 - 01/10/19 02:03 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I read the novellas that lead up to it, but have not downloaded Consumed yet. I'm having trouble wanting it badly enough to cough up release price.

Return to Top
#2202546 - 01/10/19 02:30 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Same here.

Return to Top
#2202551 - 01/10/19 02:54 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I just started on the prelude to that as well...just because I have them on my Kindle and haven't downloaded the new Jane yet [just finished a re-read first]

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2202561 - 01/10/19 03:46 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Can you give me a list of the novellas leading up to it?

I didn't realize there were any. Thanks

Return to Top
#2202598 - 01/10/19 05:36 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
There's two of them, and they're both titled "The Wedding From He**, ___." I don't remember what the second part of the titles are offhand.

Return to Top
#2202668 - 01/10/19 09:28 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
part 1 - The Rehearsal Dinner
part 2 - The Reception
part 3 - Exclusive Excerpt of Consumed

Return to Top
#2210823 - 04/10/19 09:29 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
So...anyone read The Savior? Before I read it, I was totally disinterested, didn't care about Murhder, had zero desire for what I thought the story line would be. But wow, I was surprised. I thought it was one of the best books she's written in the series in a long time. I was really disappointed in The Thief (and I love Assail). But totally redeemed on this one.

Anyone else?

Return to Top
#2210846 - 04/11/19 01:59 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I think at least one RR may have or is reading it.

Return to Top
#2210855 - 04/11/19 02:32 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I've read it! I agree - it was a VERY welcome change from what the last few books have been and much more in line with the original ones.

Return to Top
#2210868 - 04/11/19 03:32 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
How far behind am I Becca? The Beast, The Chosen, The Thief and then the Savior?

Return to Top
#2210904 - 04/11/19 06:32 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Sarah
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By RR Sarah
How far behind am I Becca? The Beast, The Chosen, The Thief and then the Savior?

If the last one you read was The Shadows, then yes - I believe that is correct.

Return to Top
#2210947 - 04/12/19 12:00 AM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By RR Becca
Originally Posted By RR Sarah

If the last one you read was The Shadows, then yes - I believe that is correct.

Yes, that's right. I tried reading The Beast, skimmed a lot and didn't finish. I skipped The Chosen and went right into The Thief. Wasn't impressed with any of them until The Savior!

Return to Top
#2210960 - 04/12/19 02:13 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By ItNeverEnds CRCM

Yes, that's right. I tried reading The Beast, skimmed a lot and didn't finish. I skipped The Chosen and went right into The Thief. Wasn't impressed with any of them until The Savior!

I thought about skipping a couple but I got an eye twitch. wink

Return to Top
#2210984 - 04/12/19 04:22 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I can't skip ahead in series. I just can't. And if I realize partway in that a new read is part of a series and NOT book #1, I panic a little bit and immediately have to locate the first book.

Return to Top
#2211020 - 04/12/19 06:48 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Nope. Just nope...I'll quit a series before I can skip parts. shocked

Return to Top
#2211082 - 04/15/19 04:02 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Finished the Savior this weekend. I agree better than the last few she's done.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11