BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2174866 - 04/24/18 04:08 PM Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
When do you have to put the following in an ad for employment:

ABC Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.

Does the statement need to be included with the job description or can it be included with the application for employment?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2174897 - 04/24/18 05:18 PM Re: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Irishguy
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I thought you had to include that with any advertisements?

Return to Top
#2174905 - 04/24/18 05:35 PM Re: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Irishguy
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
That's what I was thinking too Randy. But we are not currently disclosing the statement until they apply on the actual employment application. So I guess what I'm really asking is where in the process does this need to be disclosed?

Return to Top
#2217420 - 07/11/19 03:37 PM Re: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Irishguy
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
I'm reviewing an employment ad and it includes the following statement. Are the abbreviations acceptable? Seems odd the way it is worded. Maybe the word "employer" belongs at the end, but I'm concerned about all the abbreviations?

"ABC Bank is an EOE/F/M/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disabled Vet."

Return to Top
#2217704 - 07/15/19 10:45 PM Re: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Irishguy
Kimo in Idaho Offline
100 Club
I would advise against the "salad of abbreviations". Is the add really that restrictive that you can't just write it out?

Return to Top
#2217757 - 07/16/19 06:09 PM Re: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Tarhe
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted By Tarhe
I'm reviewing an employment ad and it includes the following statement. Are the abbreviations acceptable? Seems odd the way it is worded. Maybe the word "employer" belongs at the end, but I'm concerned about all the abbreviations?

"ABC Bank is an EOE/F/M/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disabled Vet."

The way it is typed out is makes it sound like the bank is a Disabled Vet with all the above attributes.

Return to Top
#2217778 - 07/16/19 08:27 PM Re: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Irishguy
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry