Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#217525 - 07/29/04 07:39 PM Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
We send imaged stmts to our customers. A "mass mailout" for us is not required. I don't think it is in anyone's best interest to do so. However my Operations Officer wants to send it to all (?) What are you other banks that send imaged stmts doing?
If you currently send imaged stmts will you do a mass mailout of Check 21 Disclsoures
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 07/29/04 04:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#217526 - 07/29/04 07:41 PM Re: Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
why would you want to open yourselves to problems when the reg clearly states you do not have to do so?

Return to Top
#217527 - 07/29/04 07:48 PM Re: Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
Trust me, I don't. Problem is in Op Officers attendance at an FBR seminar. I did not get to attend and she is just certain that we should send. I'm sending her the section of the final rules that clearly states this is not necessary. Although I've been in compliance for many years, I'm new to this bank. In the past she made all these decisions and is not yet comfortable with my input. She's been here many years.

Return to Top
#217528 - 07/29/04 08:14 PM Re: Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
AnnL Offline
Gold Star
AnnL
Western PA
We are in the same boat and are leaning towards having educationally materials at the branches (brochures etc.) rather then send an actual disclosure we are not required to provide.

Return to Top
#217529 - 07/29/04 08:20 PM Re: Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
PABanker Offline
Gold Star
PABanker
Blue Ball, PA 17506
I am looking at a Check 21 education piece to all customers but no disclosure information. Maybe taking this move as a statement insert may satisify your operation person.

Return to Top
#217530 - 07/30/04 12:41 PM Re: Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
We are sending an educational piece to all customers. Even though they receive imaged statements, they will be affected in other ways. For example, float being greatly reduced and the need to make sure the money's in the account PRIOR to writing the check. It's a shame we have to tell people something they should already be doing.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#217531 - 07/30/04 07:54 PM Re: Providing Disclosures When Not Required?
Believer Offline
New Poster
Portland, OR.
We are sending all consumers the informational notice even though we send out mostly truncated and imaged statements. We thought they should hear it from us first, rather than from some article in the newpapers (which have started here) with their opnion on the Act.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett