Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2176086 - 05/01/18 04:48 PM Who's the Owner? CTR question
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Filing a CTR on something. So we have a situation where a transactor brought in many deposits for many different businesses and the total cash she brought in was over $10,000. One of the businesses is confusing me as to how to title it. Our account titling has the business listed as ABC Dental P.A. When I look at the articles of incorporation the name listed is Jane A Doe, DDS, P.A (dtd 9/21/2006).

The DFI record shows ABC Dental P.A. with Jane A Doe, DDS, P.A. as the registered agent (pulled 09/21/2006).

I look further into the documentation that we have on file and there is a "Written Record of Action by the Directors and Shareholders of ABC Dental P.A (dtd 12/31/2006).

It appears that perhaps I should file the CTR under Jane A Doe, DDS, P.A. with an alternative name of ABC Dental P.A. from what it looks like here, regardless of how we have the account titled. Would that seem accurate?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2176112 - 05/01/18 05:43 PM Re: Who's the Owner? CTR question Bec
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Since who the owner is will be determined by State law and corporate organizational statutes, I'm not sure we can opine other than to say your documentation appears to be lacking on this account.

Return to Top
#2176115 - 05/01/18 05:51 PM Re: Who's the Owner? CTR question Bec
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Was hoping you wouldn't say that smile I'll dig deeper. Organized in a different state than us as well...makes it that much more fun!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z