Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2175936 - 04/30/18 08:48 PM Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
Is it necessary or recommended to put the title "beneficial owner/signer" as the person's title on the signature card agreement? We have the option to do that instead of just having something like Company Officer or President, etc. Are other banks changing this?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2175941 - 04/30/18 08:54 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
The only required title on the form as provided in Appendix A is the title of the person opening the account.

Return to Top
#2175981 - 05/01/18 12:07 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Is the beneficial owners supposed to be an authorized signer? Beneficial owners should not be signing your signature card unless they are.

The names of the individuals identified in the ownership category on the CBO may not be the same as the individuals that sign your signature card.

Assuming that a BO is supposed to be an authorized signer, then you should ask them their title and use that for your signature block on the signature card. My point is that an individual can be a beneficial owner and also have a title with the LEC.

Return to Top
#2175982 - 05/01/18 12:12 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Whoever designed your signature card is profoundly confused... Tinker Bell is either an authorized signer or she is not. Whether she is also a beneficial owner is completely, totally irrelevant to the purpose of the document.

Return to Top
#2176574 - 05/03/18 06:58 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
Yes, the beneficial owner is also an authorized signer. You wouldn't have a beneficial owner "only" on the signature card, however, you enter the BO information into the new account docs so it will print on the BO certification form and upload into the core system. The system allows you to list their title as "Beneficial Owner/Signer" instead of their actual title. My opinion is that their actual title should still be on the card an it sounds like others agree. Thanks.

Return to Top
#2176576 - 05/03/18 07:04 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would anyone change their signature cards and signature requirements from what you have done for the last 50 years because of this rule??

Return to Top
#2176591 - 05/03/18 07:37 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
Stupidity I guess.

Return to Top
#2176617 - 05/03/18 09:20 PM Re: Beneficial Owner Title on Signature Card Compliance Lover
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Ken G. = "Whoever designed your signature card is profoundly confused... ". Truly did make me LOL :-) . The authority to sign for a legal entity is still given & documented by a Corp. Resolution for example. And they are signing for the Corp as a Corp. Officer (most likely). So, as was said, this new rule is a separate issue / form.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z