Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2176935 - 05/07/18 03:21 PM ATM and Reg DD
cstrauss Offline
New Poster
cstrauss
Stamford, CT
Do the exemptions for indoor signs under Reg DD (12 CFR 1030.8(e)) apply to ads displayed on lobby/on premise ATMs? I know 1030.11 (OD advertising) excludes ATMs from the indoor sign exemptions. Is a drive up ATM a billboard/outdoor media under 1030.8(e)?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2177091 - 05/08/18 12:21 PM Re: ATM and Reg DD cstrauss
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
First, my answer is going to assume you are referencing ads displayed on the ATM screen rather than an ad on the side/top of the physical ATM.

Unfortunately, the rules don't clearly address ATM screens and I think you may even find mixed opinions regarding what is correct. Therefore, the conservative approach would be to only include fully compliance ads on your ATM screens. That said, I could see an argument for using the indoor sign exemption if the ATM is physically located inside your branch - if it is outside of the physical branch (such in a drive through lane), it would not clearly not qualify IMHO.

From the commentary:
"1. General. Indoor signs include advertisements displayed on computer screens, banners, preprinted posters, and chalk or peg boards. Any advertisement inside the premises that can be retained by a consumer (such as a brochure or a printout from a computer) is not an indoor sign."

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker