Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2178845 - 05/18/18 08:55 PM Beneficial Ownership - Turndowns on Loans
TAC598 Offline
I'm curious how other banks are handling Beneficial Ownership on denied loans? Is it part of your application process or do you get before consummation of loan? Thank you!!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2178850 - 05/18/18 09:30 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership - Turndowns on Loans TAC598
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
We may well have obtained it at the point of turndown. In which case I'm sure it would be in the turndown file, but I don't know what else would become of it. It wouldn't go on our system.

Return to Top
#2178862 - 05/18/18 11:35 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership - Turndowns on Loans TAC598
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We have trained our RMs to obtain the form during the application phase. Docs cannot be ordered without it. If an application is denied, it would be retained in the decline file and destroyed in accordance with our retention schedule.

Return to Top
#2178870 - 05/21/18 01:13 AM Re: Beneficial Ownership - Turndowns on Loans TAC598
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Since a denied loan does not meet the definition of "account" the conversation is not relevant. If you obtained information at application, that's fine. If you did not obtain information at application, that is fine, too. Refer to your institution's procedures and make sure you follow them. The final rule requires that we identify beneficial owners at account opening.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z