Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2178846 - 05/18/18 08:59 PM Business EFT Disclosure
t0dd Offline
100 Club
Our Reg E disclosures always print for commercial customers, and according to our vendor there is not a way to turn off the Reg E disclosure for commercial or business customers. They suggest that we add language to the disclosure that alerts our business customers that they do not have protections of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Is this language different from the MasterCard zero liability which states "The zero liability limit described below only applies to a US issued MasterCard branded debit issued to: (i) a natural person, or (ii) a business or other entity only if the card is issued under a "small business" program described on MasterCard's website at www.mastercard... The zero liability limit described below does not apply if you are a business or an entity of any sort ( corp, llc, partnership etc.) unless the card issued to you is a small business card described above..... If there is other language to compliment this would someone be willing to share what you use for your disclosure? Any help with this is appreciated.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2181560 - 06/13/18 02:03 PM Re: Business EFT Disclosure t0dd
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
I'd get my vendor to turn off Reg E notices for my commercial customers as soon as possible. Other vendors have a way to differentiate between commercial & consumer accounts. They can do it too.

If you give them Reg E dispute rights, and you don't have to is one thing - but to tell them "These are your rights" in then later in fine print tell them - wait - not for YOU - its too much risk to me. Reputational, UDAAP - etc.

Return to Top
#2181613 - 06/13/18 04:24 PM Re: Business EFT Disclosure t0dd
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
With our core, we have to tell them which disclosures belong in which print groups for which accounts and they program accordingly. So we do not include Reg E in the commercial print groups. As stated above, most should have the ability to do something similar.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z