Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2178904 - 05/21/18 03:21 PM Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal
I luv Giraffes Offline
Where do I find in FCRA the borrower's appeal process requirements after a draw suspension of their unsecured open end credit?
Thank you.

Return to Top
#2178926 - 05/21/18 04:24 PM Re: Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal I luv Giraffes
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would that be in the FCRA?

Return to Top
#2178930 - 05/21/18 04:32 PM Re: Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal I luv Giraffes
I luv Giraffes Offline
Not sure. I looked in Reg Z and did not find support for this. Did I overlook something in Reg Z?

Return to Top
#2178941 - 05/21/18 04:55 PM Re: Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal I luv Giraffes
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sounds like you need to be reviewing your loan contract. What does it say about suspension. You also need to review Regulation B regarding adverse action. Are you saying you suspended it because you pulled a new credit report??

Return to Top
#2178955 - 05/21/18 05:37 PM Re: Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal I luv Giraffes
I luv Giraffes Offline
Is there any regulatory guidance for how long the borrower has the right to appeal the line advance suspension once they have been notified?

Return to Top
#2179026 - 05/21/18 08:44 PM Re: Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal I luv Giraffes
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If this is just a typical line of credit, there is no appeal, unless your contract allows for one. You also did not answer my question.

Return to Top
#2179495 - 05/23/18 09:27 PM Re: Unsecured Open End Credit - Suspended - Appeal I luv Giraffes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I haven't worked a lot with lines of credit, but where does this suspension come from and why? I go back to Randy's comment on Reg B. If you've denied credit, that is not a suspension and I like to live in a black and white world, they do, or do not have a LOC and if they do they should be able to access it. Suspensions seems to be a way of providing a line without doing it and then having a liability if the borrower was harmed because of it.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top