Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#909297 - 02/22/08 09:40 PM A "master signature card"??
Margarita Offline
Wisconsin
Has anyone heard of (or is using) a "Master Signature Card"? I am being asked to find any information I can on this. Retail doesn't understand why a customer has to sign a new signature card every time they open a new account. If we already have it on file, why do we need another one?

My first response was because that signature is proof that the customer is who he is, and that he is agreeing to the terms and agreement of that product.

Any direction to a reg or citation????

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#909361 - 02/22/08 10:38 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Margarita
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
Try searching under "Universal Signature Card"

Al

Return to Top
#909695 - 02/25/08 04:09 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Al Miller
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
We implemented one about 6 months ago. Each customer on the account signs a separate form and we scan it to the CI level. With the old signature card it covered the account. The wording on the new one covers the customer and any accounts they open in the future.

Return to Top
#910353 - 02/26/08 03:31 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Jerseygirl
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Does the Master Sig Card require that all accounts be opened with the same ownership, i.e. Multiple Party w/ ROS? If not, how do you certify the ownership type? I would assume you have a form they sign saying what they want...but that seems to defeat the purpse of having a master signature card.

Return to Top
#910722 - 02/26/08 08:20 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Milby
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
The way ours works is that the master signature card is covering the customer. They may open other accounts with other owners and each of those customers would have their own "master signature card" on file and those customers could have accounts w/ other etc. Unlike our old signature cards that we tied to a specific account and persons our new one has no account numbers and is tied to the individulas CIF - generally a SS#.

Return to Top
#911756 - 02/27/08 09:30 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Jerseygirl
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
How does that work for tellers pulling a signature to verify a check? Do they have to pull four different master sig cards to see all the signers on a business account?

Return to Top
#912148 - 02/28/08 04:27 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Milby
Margarita Offline
Wisconsin
Thank you all for your direction and ideas.

But I am curious of the answer to Milby's last question regarding tellers verifying signatures????

Return to Top
#2179028 - 05/21/18 08:54 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Margarita
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Does anyone have an example they could share of a master/universal signature card?

Return to Top
#2179050 - 05/22/18 12:52 AM Re: A "master signature card"?? JC (Darth HMDA)
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
They are more common in credit unions if you have a buddy who works in one.

Return to Top
#2205546 - 02/08/19 08:37 PM Re: A "master signature card"?? Jerseygirl
Angelina Milano Offline
New Poster
Originally Posted By Jerseygirl
The way ours works is that the master signature card is covering the customer. They may open other accounts with other owners and each of those customers would have their own "master signature card" on file and those customers could have accounts w/ other etc. Unlike our old signature cards that we tied to a specific account and persons our new one has no account numbers and is tied to the individulas CIF - generally a SS#.

So how would you apply to an account where there was a different customer on an account, but they didn't have signing authority/transaction? For example a beneficiary to an escrow account.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett