Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2179169 - 05/22/18 06:46 PM Advertising for IOLTA Accounts
BSARocksagain Offline
BSARocksagain
Maryland
We want to promote our IOLTA accounts at Maryland Legal Services Fair. What trigger points if any do we need on our advertisement? We are also giving $100 credit to the first order of checks and our Merchant Services is offering $200 credit towards a merchant card processing machine fee.

Do we still need to break down APY? Does the APY need to be listed before the interest rate? Are we required to state minimum balance? Fees May Reduce Earnings? Member FDIC?

I am not sure what is required on business accounts.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2179181 - 05/22/18 07:28 PM Re: Advertising for IOLTA Accounts BSARocksagain
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Reg DD doesn't apply so none of the Reg DD disclosures for advertising including APY are required. Yes to Member FDIC, but that's it. Just make sure whatever you put on the ad accurately reflects available terms.

Return to Top
#2179185 - 05/22/18 07:33 PM Re: Advertising for IOLTA Accounts BSARocksagain
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Reg DD does not apply to business accounts. I highly suggest that you seek guidance from the IOLTA governing agency in your State. Giving a lawyer a gift to open an IOLTA rather that all benefits accruing to the IOLTA program is most likely prohibited.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker