BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2180582 - 06/04/18 04:17 PM Risk Appetite Statement
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Hello,

I have recently moved to a smaller institution ($230M in assets). It is advisable to work with the board to create an formal Risk Appetite Statement? I think it would be beneficial, and dictate the level of board accepted risk throughout the organization. But, being smaller I am not sure it is necessary. Wanted to check with everyone before pushing for it. Also, if anyone was gracious enough to share a copy of their statement I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Return to Top
Risk Management
#2180597 - 06/04/18 04:58 PM Re: Risk Appetite Statement JC (Darth HMDA)
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I assume you are referencing this from an ERM perspective. Personally, I don't think it is necessary for smaller organizations and the recent (informal) survey's I have heard seem to reflect this.

That said, it wouldn't hurt anything and there is still speculation that a risk appetite statement is the way of the future - which it may be once the next recession comes around.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2180606 - 06/04/18 05:22 PM Re: Risk Appetite Statement JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Hi Adam,

Yes, you are correct - from an ERM perspective, not just IT (sorry for not clarifying).

Appreciate the feedback.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z