Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2161171 - 01/19/18 09:30 PM Eqifax Three File Merge - FICO Risk Score Classic
Brightside3277 Offline
Oklahoma
We pull our three file merge credit reports from Equifax. On the three file merge, it does not differentiate between FICO Risk Score Classic 04 & 98. We contacted Equifax and were told to call the CFPB, at which time we were provided a number to the CFPB from Equifax. It was Equifax’s customer service number, which told me how much they understood and cared about my question. Has anyone else ran into this problem, and if so were you able to get it resolved? I'm not sure what we should report....

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2177253 - 05/08/18 07:43 PM Re: Eqifax Three File Merge - FICO Risk Score Classic Brightside3277
Brightside3277 Offline
Oklahoma
I finally got an answer on this, and thought I would share in case anyone else ran across this issue. Our credit-reporting agency that supplies our three file merge is Equifax. Our representative from the company would never answer my emails asking the question, so I submitted it to the CFPB. Surprisingly, I received an actual phone call and was told to go back and pressure Equifax, as only they would have the answer. It is an overlay issue. TransUnion reports it as FICO Risk Score Classic V5, but when Equifax returns that information to us in the three-file merge, all we see is FICO Risk Score Classic. So in the end, it didn't have anything to do with Classic 04 or Classic 98. It was a completely different credit score module than any of the choices the CFPB has given us. I learned a lot tracking down the answer to this, mostly with how many different credit score modules there are and how they all put different weights on different aspects of credit.

Return to Top
#2177267 - 05/08/18 08:16 PM Re: Eqifax Three File Merge - FICO Risk Score Classic Brightside3277
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Thanks

Return to Top
#2181788 - 06/14/18 03:03 PM Re: Eqifax Three File Merge - FICO Risk Score Classic Brightside3277
CM-Compliance Offline
Missouri
How would you record the model if you are using the TransUnion score?

Return to Top