Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#218272 - 07/30/04 05:00 PM Baby's Weight
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
I'm just curious.....I know there are a lot of BOLers with small babies......

Do you think that 9 lbs. 7 oz. is extremely small for a 3 month old...To me it seems small.............But it has been such a long time since my child was born...I've forgotten.....

Return to Top
#218273 - 07/30/04 05:06 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
What was the birth weight?

Return to Top
#218274 - 07/30/04 05:30 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Maybe this will help you determine: CDD's growth charts

Return to Top
#218275 - 07/30/04 05:44 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Anonymous
Unregistered

5 lbs. 12 oz

oops forgot to sign in....

Return to Top
#218276 - 07/30/04 06:25 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
For our kids wasn't it triple the birth weight in the first year? Looks like he's doing fine. He's a lightweight now but I'll bet he's a linebacker someday!

Return to Top
#218277 - 07/30/04 08:13 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

5 lbs. 12 oz

That's funny, that was my weight at birth. My mom smoked, but everyone did back then. My little brother was on the small side too. We both turned out to be healthy, and average sized, maybe even a little bigger than our folks. Just make sure the baby gets plenty o' milk!

Return to Top
#218278 - 07/30/04 08:15 PM Re: Baby's Weight
sof'touch Offline
New Poster
sof'touch
Quote:

Quote:

5 lbs. 12 oz

That's funny, that was my weight at birth. My mom smoked, but everyone did back then. My little brother was on the small side too. We both turned out to be healthy, and average sized, maybe even a little bigger than our folks. Just make sure the baby gets plenty o' milk!

This was me, didn't log in either, sorry.

Return to Top
#218279 - 07/30/04 08:49 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
My son was born at 6 lbs 1 oz and was little for a while. My 6 month old daughter ws 7 lbs 4 oz and is very small now - 14 lbs 12 oz. The pediatrician said the first benchmark is to double the weight by 6 months then triple by 1 year. Looks like the little one is on the right track.

Return to Top
#218280 - 07/30/04 09:05 PM Re: Baby's Weight
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I have also heard the double by 6 months, which at his birth weight he is almost there in 3. Looks like he is doing just fine. My oldest was always small, she was 3 weeks early and weighed 7 lbs 6 oz, which was pretty big for how early she was, but she barely hit the 20lb mark by her first birthday. Her metabolism is pretty high and the pediatrician was never concerned since she was thriving and hitting other benchmarks. She is now 4 and her 2 yr old sis is almost as big as she is. I wouldn't worry.

Return to Top
#218281 - 07/31/04 12:27 AM Re: Baby's Weight
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I have two friends who's children had some issues when born who were much smaller at 3 months that this child. One was my assistant who's child was alergic to milk. The attempts to find a suitable food for her were very frustrating and she grew slowly, but she did grow. Once they found out the problem she grew faster. (She was alergic to any milk, including mom's and soy milk). She seemed like a happy baby but did have an upset tummy quite often. One would look at her and never know she had problems if they didn't hear her when her tummy hurt.

The other was a small baby and still is a petite little thing, but the healthiest little elf you ever could see. She came by to visit last night and wore out my kitties chasing them around the house. She's tiny, but very very healthy!

At six months I barely topped 5 lbs by the way, and I seem to be somewhat ok now (Paragon would tell you I'm a flaming liberal so I'm not entirely ok)

If the baby is eating, happy, and you can assure it's in a healthy environment, I wouldn't worry too much

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#218282 - 07/31/04 03:04 AM Re: Baby's Weight
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
My little one was 5lbs 9 oz. at birth and weighed 9lbs 11oz at 3 months.

Return to Top
#218283 - 08/02/04 01:05 PM Re: Baby's Weight
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Thanks everyone....I suppose he is doing fine then.

My son weighed 6lbs at birth....today is is 6'2" and weighs 267.....I just forgot how long it took him to finally start gaining weight.

Thanks again.....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett