Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2152658 - 11/08/17 03:09 PM Accuity "Oklahoma Health Care Authority"
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Where would you look to find out if we are legally required to reply to requests from OHCA via Accuity? I was on another site/thread and someone had remarked that they are not required to respond to requests thru Accuity, which made me want to check on OHCA/Oklahoma. Any help would be appreciated. Responding to these requests is really quite burdensome.

Return to Top
#2164455 - 02/14/18 04:27 PM Re: Accuity "Oklahoma Health Care Authority" HRH Okie Banker
danyielg Offline
Gold Star
danyielg
OK
following

Return to Top
#2176232 - 05/01/18 09:31 PM Re: Accuity "Oklahoma Health Care Authority" HRH Okie Banker
Leslie Ewing Offline
New Poster
just passing along as source to check with --OBA put out an email Nov 2015 about this, also they were following up with a newsletter with more info.

Information on OHCA customer account balance requests
The OBA has received a multitude of calls and emails regarding privacy issues in responding to requests for customer account balances from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) sent by Accuity. Here is what you need to know:
• Federal law allows designated state agencies to administer programs involving federal benefits in accordance with federal statutes.
• OHCH administers several programs involving Medicaid.
• Customer consent has been given in accordance with both federal and state privacy law: each applicant or recipient of benefits under the programs must provide authorization by such applicant or recipient and any other person whose resources are required to be disclosed for OCHA to obtain records for asset verification.
• Federal law permits OHCA to use an approved contractor for asset verification, in this case Accuity.
• Federal law specifically states a copy of the consent does not have to be provided to financial institutions for these programs.
• Unlike requests for statements from the Oklahoma Department of Human Services, the bank is entitled to compensation in accordance with Reg S (which is the same as that contained in the Oklahoma Banking Code.
Further information regarding the OHCA requests, asset verification and Accuity will be found the upcoming edition of the Oklahoma Banker newspaper in the Legal Briefs section.

Return to Top
#2183516 - 06/28/18 03:50 PM Re: Accuity "Oklahoma Health Care Authority" HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
^ So inquires/verification sent directly to a bank (outside of Accuity) for government housing would have to have customer authorization? TIA

Return to Top
#2183773 - 06/29/18 09:40 PM Re: Accuity "Oklahoma Health Care Authority" Leslie Ewing
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By Leslie Ewing
Further information regarding the OHCA requests, asset verification and Accuity will be found the upcoming edition of the Oklahoma Banker newspaper in the Legal Briefs section.

I couldn't find this. Can you direct me to it?

Return to Top