Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2184161 - 07/05/18 03:59 PM TRID purpose/Estate
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Property in Estate with loan to deceased outstanding.
Special Administrators (son and daughter) will QCD property to son at closing when he pays off the existing mortgage.
Is this a purchase or a refinance for TRID?

FNMA is saying refinance so would CD reflect that?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2184245 - 07/06/18 08:31 AM Re: TRID purpose/Estate Truffle Royale
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not a refinance - TRID say refinance if the credit will be used to refinance an existing obligation, as defined in § 1026.20(a). 20(a) says A refinancing occurs when an existing obligation that was subject to this subpart is satisfied and replaced by a new obligation undertaken by the same consumer.

It is not the same consumer's obligation being replaced. I don't think it is a purchase, because they already own the house if they were left it in the will or granted the property through probate regardless of whether the QCD has been executed.

Home Equity is probably your best option.

Return to Top
#2184266 - 07/06/18 12:56 PM Re: TRID purpose/Estate Truffle Royale
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
were left it in the will or granted the property through probate regardless of whether the QCD has been executed.

Randy, I think this is the problem. From talking about this in a different discussion, there doesn't appear to be a definitive 'left to' in the will, nor has it been probated.

I'm quite sure I'd have to wait on probate to happen in order to do anything with this type of request. smirk

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2184268 - 07/06/18 01:00 PM Re: TRID purpose/Estate Truffle Royale
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then what is a "Special Administrator" and how is the son getting the property if he isn't already entitled to it? Or is he actually purchasing it from the estate? If that is the case it would be a purchase, because he is not paying off the existing lien. He is buying it from the estate who then is paying off the estate's current liability on the property.

Return to Top
#2184323 - 07/06/18 03:37 PM Re: TRID purpose/Estate Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Regardless, I can't switch forms midstream, can I? If the LE went out as a refi that's the way it has to stay, right?
And if FNMA is calling it a refi so to get past UCD it's going to have to stay a refi, right?
Or can I stay with the alternate CD and just switch to home equity on it?

Return to Top
#2184325 - 07/06/18 03:50 PM Re: TRID purpose/Estate Truffle Royale
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have changed purpose midstream when information changed to create it to change. System issues sometimes create a problem with changing the TYPE of form...that can be very challenging mid-stream. I do think I've done it though. And it wasn't easy.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2184367 - 07/06/18 05:52 PM Re: TRID purpose/Estate Truffle Royale
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Only the CD is covered in the UCD upload. What you have on the LE is not pertinent to the UCD. If you have an investor involved, then I would check with them. But two wrongs never make a right as they say. If you were wrong on the LE - don't be wrong on the CD. If there is no seller involved, you are not switching forms by changing the purpose. All TRID refinance and home equity loans for UCD purposes require the alternative form - regardless of what FNMA labels the product.

Return to Top