Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2185596 - 07/17/18 01:19 PM Multiple Mobile Deposits Hold
Q Offline
We had a customer complete multiple mobile deposits on the same day and are looking to place a hold on funds. Are we able to treat the transactions as one or do we have to treat each check as separate? I am thinking it would be separate and would need a reason for each check. We treat mobile deposits same as in person deposits regarding holds. Thank you

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2185601 - 07/17/18 01:34 PM Re: Multiple Mobile Deposits Hold Q
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Regulation CC holds are based on all deposits made in a single business day and are never check by check.

Return to Top
#2185635 - 07/17/18 03:05 PM Re: Multiple Mobile Deposits Hold Q
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
You can do what you want with mobile deposit holds (until the new Reg CC comes out) as they aren't currently covered under Reg CC. If you want to follow CC, you aggregate the checks made on the same business day, as Randy previously explained.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2186051 - 07/19/18 03:21 PM Re: Multiple Mobile Deposits Hold Q
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Adam's reference to the "new Reg CC" does not apply to the amendments effective 7/1/18. We are still waiting for amendments to subpart B of the regulation, which is in dire need of an update, which will almost certainly include language bringing RDC and mobile deposits under the Reg CC umbrella.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett