Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2185142 - 07/12/18 04:19 PM Board Training as CRA Qualified Activity
CRAHunter Offline
New Poster
We have a colleague that is a new board member of an organization that will be participating in Board Training presented by NeighborWorks. The purpose of the training is to provide guidance to executives and board members to engage with each other. The purpose of this engagement is to share experiences and best practices in addressing the challenges facing NeighborWorks organizations in this moment and about the adaptive responses employed by organizations attempting to ensure sustained operational & strategic excellence in meeting the common mission objectives." This is a multi-day training session. Would this type of Board Activity (the training) qualify for CRA credit? I'm leaning toward "NO" but am open to other creative approaches to qualification. Thank you.

Return to Top
CRA
#2185393 - 07/13/18 08:50 PM Re: Board Training as CRA Qualified Activity CRAHunter
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
If your colleague is presenting the training information, then Yes. If your colleague is simply attending the training, then No.

ll.12(i)—3: What are examples of community development services?
A3. Examples of community development services include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Providing technical assistance on financial matters to nonprofit, tribal, or government organizations serving low and moderate-income housing or economic revitalization and development needs;
• Providing technical assistance on financial matters to small businesses or community development organizations, including organizations and individuals who apply for loans or grants under the Federal Home Loan Banks’ (FHLB) Affordable Housing Program;

• furnishing financial services training for staff and management;

Return to Top
#2185652 - 07/17/18 04:19 PM Re: Board Training as CRA Qualified Activity Princess Romeo
CRAHunter Offline
New Poster
Thank you for the response. This is helpful and in line with my original response to the colleague.

Return to Top