Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2186217 - 07/20/18 01:45 PM Posting Order
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
I know that disclosing posting order must reflect how we actually do post items, but does anyone have any suggestions for the wording? How detailed do you get? I am reviewing the posting parameters and it would not be very meaningful to describe just how complicated it actually is. Are general statements sufficient?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2186223 - 07/20/18 01:54 PM Re: Posting Order Likes to Comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no requirement to disclose your posting order. If you do, it better be highly accurate.

Return to Top
#2186224 - 07/20/18 01:58 PM Re: Posting Order Likes to Comply
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
paraphrasing how ours reads...

we post credits first, then debits categorized by the type of debit, such as items we are obligated to pay ahead of others, items we are obligated to pay (such as authorized card transactions), cash withdrawals and certain electronic items, other electronic debits, checks issued by you, and bank fees

The above are examples only and does not include every type of debit to hit your account

Return to Top
#2197680 - 11/07/18 08:31 PM Re: Posting Order Likes to Comply
The Inquisitive One Offline
New Poster
Does the posting order have to be stated in any internal documents such as the Overdraft Program? or is it not a requirement.

Return to Top
#2197692 - 11/07/18 09:48 PM Re: Posting Order Likes to Comply
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Well, somebody needs to know what the system is doing, and if it isn't written down somewhere, I challenge anyone to state what it is reliably.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2210774 - 04/10/19 04:31 PM Re: Posting Order Likes to Comply
The Inquisitive One Offline
New Poster
Is any one willing to share the order in which they post Bill pay items? and how do you handle bill pay items that have set up for a future date? do you pull the money out of the account to a suspense immediately or do you wait until the scheduled date?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett