Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2186229 - 07/20/18 02:15 PM Change Requested after Closing Disclosure Issued.
pbsettle75460 Offline
New Poster
[font:Times New Roman][/font][size:14pt][/size] I have a borrower who has changed their mind about escrows and would like to add them to their loan. However, the loan is set to close on Monday the 23rd, and the Closing Disclosure has already been issued and delivered.

Am I able to issue a revised Closing Disclosure??

Do I need to cancel the closing and start over??? ( new Loan Estimate and new Closing Disclosure)

Please help me,
Jessie

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2186230 - 07/20/18 02:20 PM Re: Change Requested after Closing Disclosure Issued. pbsettle75460
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Once you've issued a CD you can never go back to an LE. So that option is out.

What you're dealing with is the infamous TRID 'black hole' that was fixed in the April changes.
Hopefully this thread will help you understand it and what you do now.

Return to Top
#2186242 - 07/20/18 03:01 PM Re: Change Requested after Closing Disclosure Issued. pbsettle75460
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Escrows are not a tolerance issue. Document the request by the customer in file and provided them a corrected closing disclosure at the time of closing.

Return to Top
#2186284 - 07/20/18 05:15 PM Re: Change Requested after Closing Disclosure Issued. pbsettle75460
PJeanG7 Offline
We have had this occur 2 times in the last few years. We only approve the change, if the borrower provides a written request as the best defense and demonstrate this last minute change was a change requested by the borrower. As Randy indicated it is not a tolerance issue. I always find it best to defend the good faith disclosures aspect with fickle consumer changes by being able to provide anyone questioning the "valid" change at the last stage with this type of documentation.

Return to Top