Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2187465 - 07/31/18 04:51 PM Calculating Cash to Close and Closing Costs Financ
Bville Offline
Diamond Poster
Bville
Out West
Have a situation where I'm not sure I agree with our LOS vendor.

Loan Amount = 250,080
Total Closing Costs (J) = 3,100
Total Payoffs and Payments = 250,000
Cash to Close from Borrower is $3,020 I'm fine with that.

But, they are saying Closing Costs Financed are $0. I think they should be $80. (Difference between the Loan Amount and the Total Payoffs and Payments.)

If I'm wrong, please explain in easy to understand words.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2187469 - 07/31/18 05:13 PM Re: Calculating Cash to Close and Closing Costs Financ Bville
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
(v) Closing costs financed. The sum of the amounts disclosed under paragraphs (h)(2)(i) and (iii) of this section, but only to the extent that the sum is greater than zero and less than or equal to the sum disclosed under paragraph (g)(6) of this section, labeled “Closing Costs Financed (Paid from your Loan Amount).”

If you follow that formula, you get $80.

Return to Top
#2187471 - 07/31/18 05:14 PM Re: Calculating Cash to Close and Closing Costs Financ Bville
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Bville,
We may have a similar issue with financing UFMIP. We have always disclosed the UFMIP as a negative number in the calculating cash to close box under "Closing Cost Financed". We are now being told by our QC company that this is incorrect. I outlined this in the thread last week. It as MIP and cash to close.

Return to Top