Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2188305 - 08/07/18 07:32 PM CRA Board Report
FSBT Offline
100 Club
FSBT
Texas
Examiners recently suggested that I report all CRA activity to the board each month. Has anyone every done this? If so, can you provide a sample format as a guide for me to use?

Return to Top
CRA
#2188314 - 08/07/18 07:59 PM Re: CRA Board Report FSBT
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Ignore the suggestion unless you got a Needs Improvement. It is a ridiculous personal opinion of the examiner only.

Return to Top
#2188338 - 08/07/18 09:25 PM Re: CRA Board Report FSBT
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
I agree with Randy that you don't have to. However, we do. The report simply tells the board what the CRA Officer did during the month such as who he met with (community groups etc), what homebuyer classes were taught by employees/CRA Officer, progress being made on finding CD opportunities or investments, etc.

Return to Top
#2188344 - 08/07/18 09:35 PM Re: CRA Board Report FSBT
mrogersfib Offline
100 Club
The examiners are trying to keep your department relevant, and likely suggested this as they believe the bank could do better in their CRA qualified activities.

Just create a fast fact sheet about loans that qualified for CD that month, and forward it to whoever it is supposed to go to. Try using something like the following headers in an excel sheet, and then copy/paste the values out into a word doc and save as a PDF for formatting and professionalism.

Community Development Purpose, Loan number, Borrower Name, Location, Census Tract Designation, Original Loan Amount, Pro Rata %, Pro Rata Benefit

Return to Top
#2188356 - 08/08/18 03:08 AM Re: CRA Board Report FSBT
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I've seen suggestions like this when examiners identify or predict a deterioration in a bank's CRA posture. I agree that reporting everything CRA to the board each month is excessive, but I would want to know the underlying reason why they suggested this. Basically, did they have justification for the recommendation or was it just their opinion that every rule should have more board reporting?

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top