Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2188540 - 08/09/18 04:08 PM Renewal + Right to Receive Copy of Appr Notice
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I've done a lot of searching herein and I think I've confused myself on whether or not a Right To Receive a Copy of the Appraisal form is required to be given to the borrower for a renewal. It would be easier to install the procedure of "It's easier if you just give it to all transactions involving a SFR" but I don't like to work that way.

I see differing opinions depending on whether or not you knew you were going to order a new valuation. I see differing opinions about whether the valuation was obtain for another loan which property is being crossed. Whether or not there is new money being given (again, with our without a new valuation).

Question - must you give the notice or is the answer "depends....."?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2188550 - 08/09/18 04:46 PM Re: Renewal + Right to Receive Copy of Appr Notice HRH Okie Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Depends:

2. Renewals. Section 1002.14(a)(1) applies when an applicant requests the renewal of an existing extension of credit and the creditor develops a new appraisal or other written valuation. Section 1002.14(a)(1) does not apply to the extent a creditor uses the appraisals and other written valuations that were previously developed in connection with the prior extension of credit to evaluate the renewal request.

Return to Top
#2188595 - 08/09/18 06:40 PM Re: Renewal + Right to Receive Copy of Appr Notice HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Thanks

Return to Top
#2188635 - 08/09/18 08:09 PM Re: Renewal + Right to Receive Copy of Appr Notice HRH Okie Banker
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
So, if the creditor knows it won't be developing a new appraisal for the purpose of the renewal, the notice isn't required. I'd add that, if the creditor later decides it needs a fresh valuation before approving the renewal, you will need to provide that copy of the valuation/appraisal. And that's why a lot of lenders go the "give the notice anyhow" route.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z