Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2188256 - 08/07/18 04:16 PM Participating in Blood Drive giveaway of gift card
knm1872 Offline
New Poster
The bank is hosting a blood drive. To increase participation the bank wants to offer $25 gift cards (6 or 12 in total, TBD) randomly awarded to anyone who registers for the event (target is 35 participants - randomly drawing 6 $25 winners). Just showing up they will provide a bank logo item worth less than $10 in value.

What if any compliance issues should I be concerned about? The award is not for purchase of bank product/service.

The bank will be co-branded with the blood donor entity and listed as a 'sponsor'.
Thank you!!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2188258 - 08/07/18 04:20 PM Re: Participating in Blood Drive giveaway of gift card knm1872
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I never contemplated someone's blood being deemed consideration to enter into a lottery before??? If they have to give blood to be entered however, it would be something to ponder.

Return to Top
#2188260 - 08/07/18 04:24 PM Re: Participating in Blood Drive giveaway of gift card knm1872
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
It would seem like a lottery, albeit, I don't think anyone would complain.

To be on the safe side, why not donate the cards to the Red Cross, and have them draw the names/

Return to Top
#2188275 - 08/07/18 05:32 PM Re: Participating in Blood Drive giveaway of gift card knm1872
knm1872 Offline
New Poster
Gotta love creative marketing folks. They keep me hopping. smile
Thank you both.
I believe it's just to register not necessarily donate, but am not clear on what exactly 'register' means.
I will suggest the donation and let them draw the winners. Seems the cleanest and easiest approach.

Return to Top
#2188791 - 08/10/18 08:32 PM Re: Participating in Blood Drive giveaway of gift card knm1872
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The blood bank at our local hospital had to stop giving away credits to donors (such as $10 off your bill) because it was deemed they were paying for the blood and that put them is some other category and it was a real mess for them. The t-shirts went away and all you got was a snack and drink when you were done, a bandage around your arm, and knowing you did a good thing. Medical regs are as burdensome as ours.

I agree it's a lottery - low risk, but a lottery.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top