Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2188385 - 08/08/18 02:09 PM Exterior Branch Advertising
mnbanker09 Offline
100 Club
We are looking to post vinyl signage in a window at a branch location for purposes of running a CD special.
Would in-branch advertising rules apply? (i.e. including language to 'See a Banker for more details) Or, is it required to include all TISA language at the bottom?

Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
Marketing
#2188829 - 08/11/18 12:59 PM Re: Exterior Branch Advertising mnbanker09
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The exception for indoor signs in section (e)(2) originally applied only to signs designed and placed to be seen and read primarily by customers inside the bank's branch office. The Economic Growth and Regulatory Paperwork Burden Reduction Act of 1996 amended § 263(c) of the Truth in Savings Act to eliminate that limitation, and it was removed from the regulation effective 9/24/1998. Here is an excerpt from the 9/29/1998 Federal Register publication of the final rule making that amendment (63 FR 52105): "A further amendment to section 263(c) contained in the 1996 Act expands the exemption for signs on the premises of the depository institution. All signs inside the premises of an institution are now exempt from certain advertising disclosures (including signs that are intended to be viewed from outside the premises). Accordingly, the reference in Sec. 230.8(e) [now Sec. 1030.8(e)] to signs that face outside the premises and the corresponding provision in the official staff commentary, comment 8(e)(2)(I)-2, are deleted."

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker