Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2191223 - 08/30/18 03:37 PM NMLS Number Display
ramblings Offline
Hi all. I'm on the outskirts of the MLO/NMLS stuff at my FI. I'm wondering if there is any guidance on where and which documents my MLOs must display their NMLS number.

Thanks.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#2191225 - 08/30/18 03:45 PM Re: NMLS Number Display ramblings
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
There's a requirement for it to be on the promissory note, security instrument, and application, along with the first written correspondence with the applicant. That's about it. Lots of banks have the MLO's get them on their business cards, but that's not a requirement--more an industry standard and a convenient way to deliver the NMLS number.

Return to Top
#2191229 - 08/30/18 04:01 PM Re: NMLS Number Display ramblings
ramblings Offline
Ok. I'm watching a lot of back and forth on whether it's required on all documents my MLOs work on (some of them open checking and savings accounts, etc.) and whether it's worth the cost of updating our system to have it printed on their documents. To me, it's a no-brainer, but I'm only on the outskirts of it. I'm just wanting to mitigate any risk of not including the pre-printing on documents. Thanks.

Return to Top
#2191234 - 08/30/18 04:10 PM Re: NMLS Number Display ramblings
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
All documents, why would you do that. Your loan documentation system should already be putting it on all required documents.

Return to Top
#2191240 - 08/30/18 04:17 PM Re: NMLS Number Display ramblings
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Yeah, i don't know why you'd bother putting them on the checkings and savings account, as that is absolutely not required.

Return to Top
#2191268 - 08/30/18 05:54 PM Re: NMLS Number Display rlcarey
ramblings Offline
I think the system they use is an all or nothing. But, I'm not entirely certain. I just know they mentioned it was my responsibility to update the system and it most certainly isn't. However, since I'm compliance I want to make sure we are meeting expectations.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett