Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2191193 - 08/30/18 02:09 PM Receiving Concerns Anonymously
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
While we have procedures in place for employees to express concerns or complaints we do not offer a way for employees to do so anonymously except during our annual employee survey. Does anyone spell out how an employee can submit info anonymously? It is being suggested we include a way in our procedures so I'm looking for ideas on how to best provide the anonymous way.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2191198 - 08/30/18 02:28 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we use a 3rd party where the employee can contact them via phone and anonymously report

Return to Top
#2191251 - 08/30/18 04:41 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
At my previous bank, there was a suggestion box in each break room in which employees could submit things anonymously. There was never anything in there when checked though.

Return to Top
#2191256 - 08/30/18 05:02 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
burke116 Offline
Platinum Poster
Petersburg, VA
Quote:
we use a 3rd party where the employee can contact them via phone and anonymously report

Same here, whistle blower hotline

Return to Top
#2191263 - 08/30/18 05:42 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously P*Q
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By P*Q
At my previous bank, there was a suggestion box in each break room in which employees could submit things anonymously. There was never anything in there when checked though.
by any chance was the suggestion box under a camera? i worked at a bank that couldn't figure out why no one ever used it, then someone mentioned it was stationed beneath a camera and the prevalent thought was the bank would review film to see who made the anonymous suggestions. it was moved elsewhere in the bank and suddenly had weekly submissions.

Return to Top
#2191284 - 08/30/18 06:32 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Nope. No cameras in the break/lunch rooms so that wasn't the issue.

Return to Top
#2191286 - 08/30/18 06:50 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
Many years ago, I worked in a blue collar shop that had a suggestion box. One morning there was a meeting of all the management and there seemed to be a lot of concern over something. I noticed that the suggestion box disappeared around this time, but did not associate the two events. When I was leaving that facility for another within the same company, they told me that they hadn't wanted to mention it, but a very suggestive suggestion had been placed in the suggestion box and they felt it should be removed at that time. Not quite understanding why they were telling me this, I asked what they meant. The said the suggestion was about me. For a part of the time I worked there, I worked the 3:30 to midnight shift and was alone on that side of the building for most of the time. I wasn't very happy, but young enough to blow it off then. In retrospect, they really probably should have done something like let me know then so I would be more observant. There were approximately 350 workers at the facility - odds are that at least one was a nut.

I have disliked suggestion boxes since that time. I think people lose control with written word and anonymity, so I think the third party telephone method would be best.

Return to Top
#2191303 - 08/30/18 07:47 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
Tracey, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Gorham, ME
3rd party, whistle blower hotline. Any calls are reported to the Chair of the Board.

Return to Top
#2195921 - 10/18/18 11:39 PM Re: Receiving Concerns Anonymously HR Banker
OldeTymeBanker Offline
Our ethics hotline is through a third party vendor to maintain anonymity, and I recently attended a seminar where the speaker suggested that even smaller companies should use one.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry