BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2192674 - 09/14/18 07:16 PM Employer paid training
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good afternoon BOL,

I will make this short and sweet.

I joined an institution one year ago. They paid for two designations that probably cost somewhere around $2,500 to $3,000. They paid for it and I signed nothing. There is no formal agreement and I am considered at will.

I am unhappy and do not want to stay working with this institution yet I feel bad for only staying a year. Am I wrong in thinking it will be just hard feeling nothing more?

They do not want a Compliance Person. They want a Compliant worker.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2192681 - 09/14/18 08:02 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Double check your employee handbook to see if it says anything there.

Assuming there is nothing you agreed to in the handbook that relates to this situation I can't imagine there is any legal liability if you choose to leave.

#2192689 - 09/14/18 08:46 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Agree with RockChucker, unless there's something in the handbook, and you signed off on it, your'e free to go.

#2193148 - 09/19/18 07:55 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to say 'employer paid training', you may well see the grass is just as brown on the other side of the fence

#2193152 - 09/19/18 08:39 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

"OP" here

Anonymous you could be correct. I could leave here with and it be the same old mix of bad people are everywhere and ruining everything. You could also have just made bad transitions and think it true.

It could turn out that the grass is greener than one could have ever have imagined. The other side of the fence may have better things for me?

Here is to hoping people don't suck everywhere and the next place will have a good culture and life is wonderful!

I put my notice in and am cleaning up loose ends.

#2193162 - 09/19/18 09:57 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i once took a job which required relocation, they paid a signing bonus and resettlement costs...i was there about 4 months and resigned and moved back...it was nothing close to what was promised, the back stabbing and infighting was terrible...the manager i went to work for disclosed to my peers that i was coming in significantly higher than they were paid (yeah, talk about a great way to receive a warm welcome), among other issues.

i offered to pay back relo fees but not signing bonus, they said not required. i did meet with the bosses boss prior to leaving to explain why, and they were very thankful for my honest feedback, acknowledged there were issues that they should have disclosed, and i said my biggest issue was that the one who i reported to i could not trust to keep a confidence, and i can;t work in an environment like that.

#2193190 - 09/20/18 02:08 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
LiveFunLife Offline
I have taken a job and quit the within a month. If you work hard and keep good relationships there is always a chance to go back to where you were. If not I find it works out more often than it doesn't if I try hard and stay positive. Where I am now is a trail of choices that I have made to try to be happy and comfortable.

The grass is what you make it I feel. With a good work ethic and no drama sometimes even the grumpy people work well with you and things just pan out. On the flip when you are angry and prepared for people to be terrible to deal with you never had a chance at being happy.

#2193200 - 09/20/18 03:07 PM Re: Employer paid training Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
yep, ultimately you are responsible for your own happiness. Good luck to the original poster whichever path you choose.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale