Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2191622 - 09/05/18 12:32 PM Fees for accounts in CRA branches
corporate audit Offline
During a recent audit it was found that branches in a CRA area are charging lower OD and NSF fees than branches in a non-CRA area. Is there any problem with that?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
CRA
#2191623 - 09/05/18 12:36 PM Re: Fees for accounts in CRA branches corporate audit
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Considering ODs are credit under Regulation B - charging customers different amounts might represent a fair lending issue. I am not really sure what a CRA area might be however.

Return to Top
#2191637 - 09/05/18 02:54 PM Re: Fees for accounts in CRA branches corporate audit
corporate audit Offline
The CRA area mentioned means that branch is located in a low income area.

Return to Top
#2192243 - 09/11/18 08:20 PM Re: Fees for accounts in CRA branches corporate audit
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Is the lower fee charge in LMI branches a conscience effort by the bank to provide lower costs services to LMI residents? I would recommend a legal review to determine if this should be done under a "special purpose credit program" since the benefit is in LMI areas and likely to be higher minority areas. If you are a Large Bank, you can then highlight it under your Services test.

Return to Top
#2196098 - 10/22/18 06:39 PM Re: Fees for accounts in CRA branches corporate audit
mrogersfib Offline
100 Club
Agree with Princess that this would present favorably under CRA's service test. Such a behavior would not be a critical deciding factor in your exam rating, but would rather a qualitative factor for examiners to consider when evaluating the banks responsiveness to its customers.

Return to Top