Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2197335 - 11/05/18 06:48 PM Estate Co-Administrators
tdogz Offline
100 Club
tdogz
We have a recently deceased customer. He had no will and the disposition of his estate is contentious. His wife and two children from a previous marriage have been appointed co-administrators.

His checking and savings accounts were Joint WROS, so those pass to his wife outside of the estate. The IRA is a different story. He never appointed a beneficiary, so it goes to his estate. There is also a loan which will require the bank to make a claim against the estate. Are we allowed to release information about the IRA or the loan to any of the co-administrators alone, or should it only be released if all of them are present? One of the administrators (the wife) is aware of the general details about the IRA and loan already.

Return to Top
#2197662 - 11/07/18 07:42 PM Re: Estate Co-Administrators tdogz
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The co-administrators are equal and you will treat them as such. I'm not sure who's asking for what, but I could get everything they need to know in a two paragraph letter and would send it to all three of them in response to a query by any one of them.

Do not stand between the dog and the tree.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Jack Holzknecht