Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2197541 - 11/07/18 01:52 PM PMI on Periodic Statement
ComplyCycle Offline
Gold Star
ComplyCycle
On the revised closed-end periodic statement, are most institutions including PMI payments in the "escrow" section in both the "Explanation of Amount Due" and "Past Payment Breakdown" sections?

Section 1026.41(d)(2) and (3) require us to provide a breakdown showing how much was applied to escrow, but this is causing borrower confusion since PMI is not included in the borrower's escrow account. It's my belief that PMI should remain on the statement in the "escrow" totals, but I'm curious what others think, please.

Thank you.
Last edited by ComplyCycle; 11/07/18 04:37 PM. Reason: Clarified citation per post below
Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#2197561 - 11/07/18 03:20 PM Re: PMI on Periodic Statement ComplyCycle
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I think you may be referring to 1026.41(d)(2) & (3).

How is the required monthly PMI payment not included in the escrow account? It may be a direct passthrough payment but it still processes through the escrow account.

Escrow account means any account that a servicer establishes or controls on behalf of a borrower to pay taxes, insurance premiums (including flood insurance), or other charges with respect to a federally related mortgage loan, including charges that the borrower and servicer have voluntarily agreed that the servicer should collect and pay. The definition encompasses any account established for this purpose, including a “trust account”, “reserve account”, “impound account”, or other term in different localities. An “escrow account” includes any arrangement where the servicer adds a portion of the borrower's payments to principal and subsequently deducts from principal the disbursements for escrow account items. For purposes of this section, the term “escrow account” excludes any account that is under the borrower's total control.

Return to Top
#2197582 - 11/07/18 04:38 PM Re: PMI on Periodic Statement ComplyCycle
ComplyCycle Offline
Gold Star
ComplyCycle
Thanks for the quick response; I agree that PMI should be included on the periodic statement since it is part of the borrower's escrow account as a direct pass-through.

Return to Top