Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2197578 - 11/07/18 04:35 PM House Boat/Dwelling - HMDA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the purchase of a newly built house boat, which will be used primarily as a rental, HMDA reportable?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2197583 - 11/07/18 04:42 PM Re: House Boat/Dwelling - HMDA Anonymous
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
No, they are excluded from the definition of a dwelling.

"3. Exclusions. Recreational vehicles, including boats, campers, travel trailers, and park model recreational vehicles, are not considered dwellings for purposes of § 1003.2(f), regardless of whether they are used as residences. Houseboats, floating homes, and mobile homes constructed before June 15, 1976, are also excluded, regardless of whether they are used as residences. Also excluded are transitory residences such as hotels, hospitals, college dormitories, and recreational vehicle parks, and structures originally designed as dwellings but used exclusively for commercial purposes, such as homes converted to daycare facilities or professional offices."

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

#2197612 - 11/07/18 05:38 PM Re: House Boat/Dwelling - HMDA Anonymous
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Adam is right, but I want to clarify that this began in Jan 2018. Prior to that, a house boat was a dwelling for HMDA, if it wasn’t recreational.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale