Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2197136 - 11/01/18 09:07 PM Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
We issued our CD on a loan. Builder did not issue the Occupancy Certificate (builder's fault) which delayed our closing so we needed a rate lock extension for 2 days. The builder agreed to pay the extension fee. Can we increase"points on the loan to cover this extension fee (which caused an insubstantial change in the APR.) As points are zero tolerance - just wanted to make sure we can do this.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2197161 - 11/02/18 12:44 PM Re: Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee Tarhe
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Show the increased amount to be paid by the builder in the paid by others column.

Return to Top
#2197423 - 11/06/18 04:31 PM Re: Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee Tarhe
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I am not so sure I'd call this "points." Call it what it is -- a rate lock extension fee -- and, as Dan suggests, put the money figure in the Paid by Others column. Instruct the settlement agent (if there is one), that the builder is to pay that amount.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2198223 - 11/14/18 07:56 PM Re: Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee Tarhe
Cridal_Z Offline
New Poster
We make the settlement agent put it on the seller CD, our system will still hit us for a cure even if it is marked as paid by seller or other because the system reads it as still being charged to the buyer even though being paid by someone else frown

Return to Top
#2198232 - 11/14/18 08:07 PM Re: Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee Tarhe
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
That's just plain wrong, and you should be demanding a software update.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2198528 - 11/16/18 08:53 PM Re: Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee Tarhe
Cridal_Z Offline
New Poster
I will have to see if there is some sort of work around!

Return to Top
#2198555 - 11/16/18 10:44 PM Re: Increase Points for Rate Lock Extension Fee Cridal_Z
Katherine Offline
Originally Posted By Cridal_Z
We make the settlement agent put it on the seller CD, our system will still hit us for a cure even if it is marked as paid by seller or other because the system reads it as still being charged to the buyer even though being paid by someone else frown

You may have to manually fix your CD. Our system will sometimes show a cure, even when we lender-paid it in the paid by others column and click on lender-paid in our system.

Return to Top