Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2198467 - 11/16/18 04:36 PM FHA purchase:not in flood but in non participating
Ksword Offline
New Poster
Hello,
FHA purchase; subject is not in a flood zone(technical flood cert shows none for flood zone, area not mapped in Idaho ) but is in a non participating community in the NFIP. Do you know if FHA will insure the loan? I have left a message for the FHA Santa Ana HOC to call me but thought with all the knowledge here I would see if someone has received an answer previously.
my concern: if the property were to be changed to a flood hazard area and not participating in NFIP and HUD at this time does not allow private flood insurance, what would happen?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2198579 - 11/17/18 10:53 AM Re: FHA purchase:not in flood but in non participating Ksword
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Unless it is in a flood zone, it would be eligible. There is no mention of ineligibility due to the fact that the community is non-participating:

A Property is not eligible for FHA insurance if:

a residential building and related improvements to the Property are located within SFHA Zone A, a Special Flood Zone Area, or Zone V, a Coastal Area, and insurance under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is not available in the community; or

the improvements are, or are proposed to be, located within a Coastal Barrier Resource System (CBRS).

Return to Top