Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2198668 - 11/19/18 07:17 PM Previous Service Relied On - Disclose Fee?
Sheldon Hendrix Online
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
I haven't been able to locate a clear answer to this.

If we are relying on a previous service provided for a property, are we still required to disclose the fee on the LE and CD? This comes up most commonly with previous surveys performed.

I know pre-TRID, there were some nuanced expectations of how this would be required to be disclosed on the GFE and HUD.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2198711 - 11/20/18 09:24 AM Re: Previous Service Relied On - Disclose Fee? Sheldon Hendrix
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No - it is not a fee (closing cost) for a required service for this specific loan.

Return to Top
#2198741 - 11/20/18 02:59 PM Re: Previous Service Relied On - Disclose Fee? Sheldon Hendrix
Sheldon Hendrix Online
Diamond Poster
Sheldon Hendrix
South
That is precisely what I thought. Thanks.

Return to Top
#2199204 - 11/27/18 08:46 PM Re: Previous Service Relied On - Disclose Fee? Sheldon Hendrix
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
What about the cases where you use a service that would need to be paid for from a previous loan? For example, if you relied on an appraisal for an FHA loan that was transferred and needed to reimburse the original borrower per HUD rules by charging the new borrower. Would you list the service as a fee since there will be a charge and who ultimately gets listed since the original appraiser was already paid?

Return to Top
#2199214 - 11/27/18 09:27 PM Re: Previous Service Relied On - Disclose Fee? Sheldon Hendrix
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If is a required fee that they have to pay to get the loan, then it would have to be disclosed. The bank is getting the payment at this point.

Return to Top
#2199229 - 11/27/18 11:22 PM Re: Previous Service Relied On - Disclose Fee? Sheldon Hendrix
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
That's what we've been showing, but the original post made me think twice! Thank you!

Return to Top