Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options
#2199352 - 11/29/18 02:01 PM Home Inspection - Post closing loan check
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Our post closing loan check has uncovered that a home inspection was obtained by the applicant but neither the LO, the title company or any one else was aware of this. It was done of the applicants own accord and without anyone's knowledge. The post check uncovered it because of a Hold Harmless Agreement that was signed by the customer of which they did not mark that they did not obtain a home inspection. From there it was investigated.

Do we need to do a corrected CD to show this fee as paid before closing?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2199359 - 11/29/18 02:17 PM Re: Home Inspection - Post closing loan check Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No. This was not an event in connection with the settlement. The CD remains in good faith at the time of issuance.

(iii) Changes due to events occurring after consummation. If during the 30-day period following consummation, an event in connection with the settlement of the transaction occurs that causes the disclosures required under paragraph (f)(1)(i) of this section to become inaccurate, and such inaccuracy results in a change to an amount actually paid by the consumer from that amount disclosed under paragraph (f)(1)(i) of this section, the creditor shall deliver or place in the mail corrected disclosures not later than 30 days after receiving information sufficient to establish that such event has occurred.

Return to Top